PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
+1, Tinner. If nothing more, this thread has helped sort the human beings from the bullshit knuckle-dragging chest beaters on this forum. I don't know if the OP is for real, but I guess we'd better yell, "Jump! Jump!" just in case. Friggin' sick.

smoky

Lurker
Aug 24, 2016
I guess some things will never change around here. As always, someone has an unpopular alternative opinion and everyone piles on with the attacks and criticisms. I never realized telling someone that others have pulled through much worse situations, and to not give up is actually telling them to 'jump'. Lol. :roll:
Yes, Tinner. You have your wish. I will go away.

smoky

Lurker
Aug 24, 2016
Telling someone that others have pulled through much worse situations, and to not give up on life is bullshit? Whatever.
What's bullshit is the group bully mentality on this site that seems to be encouraged. Don't agree with an unpopular opinion or suggestion? Just pile on the criticisms and attacks to shut them up and drive them away.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Well, that's not what you said, but since you need to be right....you win. You've clearly never been there. You toss out selfish like it's a given. If you're in the hole it's relief.
The OP appears to need help, not a morality lesson that won't HELP.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
There's a way to do that in an encouraging way, and a way to do it in an excoriating, kick a guy while he's down way. You chose the latter, and now you're trying to make it sound differently.

smoky

Lurker
Aug 24, 2016
Well, that's not what you said, but since you need to be right....you win. You've clearly never been there. You toss out selfish like it's a given. If you're in the hole it's relief.
The OP appears to need help, not a morality lesson that won't HELP.
I don't need to be 'right'. I don't care what you think. I gave my honest opinion to the OP and was instantly criticized and attacked for it. Suicide IS selfish. Don't like my opinion? Fine. I could care less. And by the way, no one here knows anything about my personal life to tell me 'you've clearly never been there'. Don't try to judge someone you know nothing about.
I'm done here.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Speaking for myself only, I'm basing it on this: absolutely no one could ever have been in that type of position and, regardless of their own outcome, have that shallow and moronic of a lack of empathy for someone else's situation.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Telling someone that others have pulled through much worse situations, and to not give up on life is bullshit? Whatever.
Actually this is one of the worst things to say to a suicidal person; it belittles and downplays what is a very serious time for this person. I've struggled with clinical depression for over 15 years; meds don't work, therapy didn't work, ECT didn't work so I basically bootstrap my way through the darker times. Focus on one thing that is important to you whether that be a family member, spouse, friend or even a pet and use that to hold on for one more day. Tomorrow if it is still bad do it again. Seek professional help, it didn't work for me but I do know others that swear to it's effectiveness. Good Luck and feel free to PM me if I can be of any help.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
I think everyone started with some good advice here for the OP, but once a thread like this starts creating some friction that might exacerbate the original problem, it's a good time to close it down...

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Spencer was right about the double thread that was shut down first. It had more of the OP's story, and more helpful info and well meaning thoughts.

smokeyweb

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2013
Don't hurt yourself, bro. Get help. Call 911 if you feel suicidal. They will take you to the hospital and get you the professional help you need. Nothing is worth killing yourself over. Things will get better. I promise. Your kid needs a father. Suicide is not the answer. Please don't put your family through that pain and suffering.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Alternate Opinions do get the shaft around here. I should say opinions get the shaft, but this guy didn't need the Suicide is for Loser routine. You haven't lived until you put the barrel against the head.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I guess some things will never change around here. As always, someone has an unpopular alternative opinion and everyone piles on with the attacks and criticisms.
A) You joined the day before yesterday. B) Why don't you take your own advice, "be a damn man" and stop whining about how someone criticized you.
Just telling it like it is -- I'm sure you understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.