PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
I have absolutely no experience with debt, but I have a lot of fun listening to people who are in debt call into the Dave Ramsey Show on the radio.

Some of them call back and say they're debt free later, maybe Dave would be the right person to talk to.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
My position on the post is obvious, I'm not buying into the original post. But I must write, Smokey was waaay off base. Suicide to the deceased was an answer. It's only seen as a selfish act by some next of kin and acquaintances. And, those who have never experienced a suicide close up and personal.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
... I'm not buying into the original post.

Bingo.

In the U.S., you can also call these folks -- the only reason they exist is to take phone calls from people like you and get them help.

http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org

1-800-273-TALK (8255)

If this is real, this is a better resource for help.
A hobbyist bulletin board is not the place to seek meaningful help in this area. In fact, anyone operating on this level of despair would fare better away from the computer and the internet for a while and connect with someone (a professional) face to face, who might recognize things like alcohol/substance abuse or gambling/financial loss of control or clinical factors no one on this board is going to be able to qualify from black and white text.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Amazing how in one keystroke people can go from empathy to attack mode.
Be kind to everyone, always... even the guy who posted something you don't like. You never know what struggles people have endured or are enduring, regardless of how finely honed your armchair psychiatry skills are.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I think most of us wanted to sleep at night, knowing that the old codger didn't come out and cause someone to do something drastic. It begs to wonder, two post from the gentleman and two threads created. Yet no more responses, from him. Hopefully he sought help elsewhere and will come back and talk about pipes, tobacco, FDA Nanny State Regulations, Big Government/ Big Cigarette love affairs etc....just throwing bones and jabs now. :wink:

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
@jwlinder111

I know exactly how you feel. I never really posted anywhere about it (except for an anonymous blog years back), but I have wanted to - many times. I always thought that it would be as useless as everything else.
I hope I was wrong. I hope posting helped you a little. I hope you can find even more help.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
A hobbyist bulletin board is not the place to seek meaningful help in this area.

IMO, ophiuchus' assessment is spot-on. In this day and age it is far more likely that the OP is a con artist.

It has happened in this forum before -- the "come on" has been different, but generous and sympathetic people here have been taken in.
Like Warren, I think the whole thing stinks. The thread ought to be closed.

If indeed the OP needs help, or even a sympathetic ear, let him get it at a more appropriate venue.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Whoops...I thought I closed this last night...and we are closing it for all the obvious reasons...

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I've known people who did the deed and felt the incredible sense of confused emotion considering the finality of it.
Whenever we lose a loved one, or 'friend', we lose part of ourselves, no matter how they left us.
The older I get, the more I seem to lose, making those remaining that much more significant.
Long live the OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.