PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
bo5AsQa.jpg

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
The funniest part of that picture is the dead rat the bird is sitting on, presumably the one he just packed the pipe with its entrails. So ... clearly a "pouch" OTC tobacco that tastes like the fresh stinking guts of a diseased filthy vermin - I'm gonna guess Polish-made Condor? Oh, the irony.

Reactions: fightnhampster

Hidiho

Lurker
May 25, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
My Falcons,

The bent international was my first Falcon bought in the mid 80's and the straight international was originally purchased with the dental mouthpiece which I never liked and recently purchased a replacement standard mouthpiece for it.

The two standard straights (AN4, AN6) were secondhand off eBay and the gun metal straight was purchased new last year...

These are my most smoked pipes as I tend to gravitate to the falcons for daily use..

Falcon_00001.jpg

FalconForever

Lurker
Mar 22, 2024
Sussex, England
Here is the info I've gathered:
Falcons started in the USA with a simple mark of Falcon 1 or 2 or 3, etc. They were exported to England 1955-1957 under the names of ALCO and Rollit (marked PP). There have been several manufacturers.
ALCO was manufactured in England starting in 1964 with a different bowl size.
F2 thru F8 were made by Fry Diecast

P4 is Presbar Die 4
The "Made in England" marking started in the early 60's. FD plus a number is Fry Diecast - the number range is FD1 - FD19. The Bantams were marked as FD B5 or FD B7 OXFORD can be marked on the Humidome, but not always.
The Shillelagh started production inb May 1966 with FD8 marking. They came in solid black with a black stem, or a bright with a white stem, or a bright with a light blue center with a white stem. You could buy a colored bowl or a traditional briar.
Federal Die Casting is marked FDF/FDG/FDH.
Andoic is marked AN plus a die number

AN2 - 1974

AN3 - 1982
Irish Falcons are confusing - mostly marked Falcon Ireland but could be marked Falcon Great Britian which had Irish stems and an English made frame.
From 1975 to 1981 there was a Falcon Head imprinted on the stem.
Hope this helps, if any of the info isn't correct, please let me know.
This is really useful information, thank you brother.