PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
Couple of unusual combos. The exquisitely grained bowl is from Hobo Pipes in Australia.
meerfal3-600x477.jpg

dave-grain-600x412.jpg

Reactions: SpookedPiper

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Not a very good picture, but I happen to have it in my album, so what the heck ...
falconpipe12017-600x450.jpg

This is one of three. The others are pretty much the same, one with an apple bowl and one with a billiard.
I moved some time ago, packed up all my pipes. I kept three out for the transition; a Bjarne Viking, a Grabow, and the Falcon with the apple bowl. Falcons are very forgiving pipes.

Reactions: SpookedPiper

kiwiazz74

Lurker
Jun 26, 2018
that meerschaum and black stem falcon looks sweet, thats a new bench mark for me and falcon pipes i really want one of those.

kiwiazz74

Lurker
Jun 26, 2018
if you want a good polish for the bare alloy frames look in car parts shops for AUTOSOL in a silver tube, its the alloy specific one and is the best one it has a wax in it so you dont get finger prints at all. and the shine is second to none especially if applied with a cotton buff in a drill press or mounted hand drill.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Irrelevant digression, but who remembers the Ford Falcon, 1960 to 1970 in the U.S., Ford's little econo-car. I think the legend is that the platform was also used in a much sportier way for the earliest Mustang in 1964. My family had a Mercury Comet at one point, about 1964, which was the Mercury version of the Falcon. Sorry about that, but the Falcon headline kept bringing that back.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
The first Mustang really was just a Falcon with different sheet metal. The underpinnings were virtually identical. They diverged rapidly after that.

tulsagentleman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2019
I have six Falcons, all from eBay. This is my favorite. A full bent with a partly rusticated Tulip bowl. It smokes very cool!.

bmyEo7D.jpg

Jun 6, 2019
SgttbtK

I'm a newbie to pipe smoking and currently have three pipes, my favourite being my Falcon AN7. However, whilst looking for more Falcons to add to my collection (I'm after a straight stem Falcon and a Meerschaum bowl) I noticed that I couldn't see a bowl similar to the one I have. Has anyone seen something similar or can you tell me what this type of bowl is called?

Nov 2, 2019
Sweden
So, I have a pondering about Falcons.

Is the bit/mouthpiece removable on falcons?
A retailer told me they're not on original falcons, but on my vintage pipe it comes off without any hassle.
So is the retailer right?

Ctbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2019
CT & VT
Can you post one with the bit removed?
i never “forced” one of mine off, under the guidance that the newer ones where not removable or replaceable (except for the internationals), and any attempt would destroy the stem/tube...

Reactions: the sheltered piper
Nov 2, 2019
Sweden
Can you post one with the bit removed?
i never “forced” one of mine off, under the guidance that the newer ones where not removable or replaceable (except for the internationals), and any attempt would destroy the stem/tube...

As long as one is careful and there is no kink or breakneck in the tube it probably wouldn't be a problem?

Last edited:

Ctbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2019
CT & VT
@sandollars and @the sheltered piper -thanks for the pix!
My original statement was a little “matter of fact”, but apparently some (or all) bits come off? From the “shallow” research I’ve done, as well as just gently finessing mine, I thought there might be either a button/swell on the bit, locking into the aluminum frame/stem or tube. This does not appear to be the case...
Maybe some adhesive is used?
And if they are intended to be removable, why don’t they sell replacement bits I wonder. That would make the Falcon the ultimate “build-a-pipe” system!?