PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
Welcome from Nashville. I've slowly drifted away from Aros but smoked nothing but for the first year on the pipe. The aro that hooked me was Sutliff Panna Cotta. It's vanilla forward and easy on the tongue. Wilkes Butterscotch is an incredibly decadent smoke if you're into butterscotch.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Welcome @nerdgirlpipes from Sydney Oz.

Peterson's Connoiseur's Choice and Erinmore are my two go-to aromatics.
Sillems Green is another I like, as is the much-maligned Mixture 79.

Like many here, I started with aromatic blends, then discovered English/Balkan and Virginia/Vapers.
I now smoke aromatics for a change of pace rather than as the main event.

When it comes to pipes, the choice is limitless. Clues as to your preferences will help eg size of pipe/ how long you like a smoke to last, straight vs bents, which shapes are you attracted to, price range, new vs estates, etc.

Please feel free to pose any questions that come to mind.

Reactions: nerdgirlpipes

nerdgirlpipes

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2022
New York
but what kind of nerd? At this point calling someone a nerd is like calling an animal a bird, might be totally true but not that descriptive. As much difference between a humming bird and an owl as there is between that guy who lives in moms basement because he talks Pokemon during every job interview as there is between the guy who lives in his moms basement because it's easier then moving the lab and he's this close to a break through or ten (and then there is whatever type I am who often makes stupid jokes).

I'm a card-carrying member of Mensa. I am in an all-druid raiding guild in World of Warcraft (that I have played for 17 years). I go to the Renaissance Festival every year and dress up for it. I make custom fountain pens on a wordworking lathe. Take your pick, I'm lots of kinds of nerd.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I'm a card-carrying member of Mensa. I am in an all-druid raiding guild in World of Warcraft (that I have played for 17 years). I go to the Renaissance Festival every year and dress up for it. I make custom fountain pens on a wordworking lathe. Take your pick, I'm lots of kinds of nerd.
Well I won't get into my opinion of Mensa. O.k. I will a little bit which is it's alright if viewed as a club for people who consider themselves smart. Wow W.O.W. one game I never really got into, I like my gaming much more in person or solitary. Ren Faires can be fun especially when people get really into their get ups especially in my opinion if they go for historical accuracy. Show us pics of the pens! Please!
Oh and all Druid do you mean class or spiritual practices? You could mean either or both.

nerdgirlpipes

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2022
New York
Welcome from Nashville. I've slowly drifted away from Aros but smoked nothing but for the first year on the pipe. The aro that hooked me was Sutliff Panna Cotta. It's vanilla forward and easy on the tongue. Wilkes Butterscotch is an incredibly decadent smoke if you're into butterscotch.

I love butterscotch! Thanks for the recommendation!

Reactions: mso489

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Welcome from CT ! Try Country Squire Old Toby ... a vanilla/maple/molasses mild aro. I would also recommend PS Blend which is a Latakia forward (mildly aro) but super mild and flavorful. Rivendell has some floral note as well as mild chocolate. All the best !

Reactions: nerdgirlpipes

nerdgirlpipes

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2022
New York
Welcome @nerdgirlpipes from Sydney Oz.

Peterson's Connoiseur's Choice and Erinmore are my two go-to aromatics.
Sillems Green is another I like, as is the much-maligned Mixture 79.

Like many here, I started with aromatic blends, then discovered English/Balkan and Virginia/Vapers.
I now smoke aromatics for a change of pace rather than as the main event.

When it comes to pipes, the choice is limitless. Clues as to your preferences will help eg size of pipe/ how long you like a smoke to last, straight vs bents, which shapes are you attracted to, price range, new vs estates, etc.

Please feel free to pose any questions that come to mind.

I have been experimenting with some different pipe sizes and types. All of them new. I'm not opposed to estate, but I'd prefer to buy an estate in person and there aren't that many B&Ms near me. The two pipes I mentioned in my intro are my regular pipes - a Dunhill County straight prince (3107) which is an ideal size for me since I usually only have time for "shorter" 30ish minute smokes during the week days. My new Castello opera looks tiny but is more of a 45 minute smoke for me. On a whim, I got a Vauen Auenland Almar which is really fun, but more of a weekend novelty pipe. I have some cobs, too, but prefer my briars. I gravitate toward straight vs. bent but lately I've been drawn to the funkier shapes like skater, horn, and tomato.

Reactions: gamzultovah

nerdgirlpipes

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2022
New York
Welcome from CT ! Try Country Squire Old Toby ... a vanilla/maple/molasses mild aro. I would also recommend PS Blend which is a Latakia forward (mildly aro) but super mild and flavorful. Rivendell has some floral note as well as mild chocolate. All the best !

I have 1 oz samplers of both Old Toby and Rivendell standing by. I've been smoking my way through one sample bag at a time before formulating an opinion on the tobacco and am excited for those. I think Old Toby will be next. Thanks!

nerdgirlpipes

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2022
New York
Well I won't get into my opinion of Mensa. O.k. I will a little bit which is it's alright if viewed as a club for people who consider themselves smart. Wow W.O.W. one game I never really got into, I like my gaming much more in person or solitary. Ren Faires can be fun especially when people get really into their get ups especially in my opinion if they go for historical accuracy. Show us pics of the pens! Please!
Oh and all Druid do you mean class or spiritual practices? You could mean either or both.

Druid, as in the playable class of character in World of Warcraft.