PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
No, I haven't, but I've got a liter of Everclear right next to me.

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
When I'm in my car alone I smoke like a broken stove. I have an old bandana filled with coffee grounds (fresh and dry, not used), fashioned with a hook made from a pipe cleaner hanging from my rear view mirror. The coffee grounds absorb the smoke stench remarkably well. I change the old coffee out for new about once every couple of months. I'm sure you can come up with something more aesthetically pleasing than a 10 year old sunbaked bandana and a pipe cleaner if you wanted to, but I'm more of the function / aesthetics type.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Personally I use two Glade deodorizers, one a Hawaiian something or other, & the other a smoke odor eliminator, plus cracked rear window. For a non-smoker's nose I'm sure it's still noticeable, but I don't notice it, & Susan says she likes the smell. Then again she likes latakia too, so.....

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I switch to a deertongue blend for a few days when the smell gets too strong. Sweetens it right up. Personally, I enjoy the smell. And the few passengers I have had have said they like the smell, too. I don't care if they were lying or not, social obligation over. My car seats two and commutes me to work and back, family car is separate, so I don't often have anyone with me.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Drivers window cracked 2", all smoke goes out over my left shoulder. Car is 1 year old & still has new car smell. (Just not as much)

artificialme

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2018
a cup of roasted beans coffee seems helpful to get rid of any odor in closed rooms. That if you like your coffee wasted :puffy:

I love the smell of the pipe tobacco, and anyone who rides with me already knows what to expect. But, when I use a rental car, after the trip, I will turn on the air recycler part of the air conditioner and spray Ozium into the floorboards, and then I let that cycle through a few times. The intake is in the floorboards, so it gets the odor where it matters. You could try that before someone gets in that would be opposed to tobacco odors. So far, after about a dozen rental cars, no one has ever detected tobacco odors in any of the rental cars that I've used.

512d15FwvnL._SR500,500_.jpg

Another ideas is to leave a small pizza under the seat. It doesn't so much remove odors as it adds an italian accent. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.