PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Search on Site

Recent Posts

trouttimes

Preferred Member
Nov 26, 2018
I tend to smoke in my truck a lot. The smell was starting to get to me. Fortunately, no one ever rides with me. I have stared using this bag of bamboo carbon I found on line and an ionizer that plugs into the power plug. Within 24 hours...no smell! I am amazed. What are your tricks?

haparnold

Preferred Member
Aug 9, 2018
Lexington, KY
I always keep a window cracked, which takes care of most of it (may not be possible depending on what part of the country you live in).

trouttimes

Preferred Member
Nov 26, 2018
Sorry, I assumed cracking the window was a given. I should have stated that up front. Thanks for adding that. When it's cold (all winter here) I just crank the heat.

hoosierpipeguy

Preferred Member
Jan 28, 2018
I'm the only one in the car 98% of the time and I haven't smelled anything that bothers me. No perceived problem, no necessary solution.

kaleehb

May 14, 2016
Windows cracked and a little Febreeze to help satisfy any passengers typically does the trick.

shanez

Preferred Member
Jul 10, 2018
My Jeep is mine to do what I please with. If I want to smoke my pipe or a cigar in it, I do. Lots of 4 wheeling and camping trips with my buddies and I smoking in it. If someone doesn't like it, they're free to walk. I don't smoke in my truck and I don't even like getting in my wife's car after smoking. So my answer is I choose my vehicle by whether or not I feel like smoking.
That being said, do you have a name or link for the bamboo carob and ionizer?

mikethompson

Preferred Member
Jun 26, 2016
I used to enjoy a nice bowl before work, I would open the rear hatch on the wagon and sit and contemplate. There was hardly any smell at all, but a good shot of Febreeze neutralized it.

trouttimes

Preferred Member
Nov 26, 2018
Shanez, I got both from amazon. The bamboo carbon is a little pillow like thing called Bella Bambi. I don't know about the ionizer. I'll see if I can find the brand. Really seems to clean the air.

mikethompson

Preferred Member
Jun 26, 2016
My car always smells like red Virginia smoke. Never want that to change
You mean the Captains Quarters right?
The updated screen name and avatar had me looking twice

npod

Preferred Member
Jun 11, 2017
1. Lampe Berger works very well! Get it at started and then leave in car/truck 20 minutes with window closed.

2. Bounce dryer sheets. Put two or three on seats and let sit over night.

warren

Preferred Member
Sep 13, 2013
Actions have consequences. You are also lowering the value at trade-in time. Learn to tolerate the reek or stop smoking in the vehicle. I enjoy the reek so much I carry it wherever I go, in my clothes and hair. We smokers hardly notice it.
Ionizers, wee pine trees, put a non-smoker in your vehicle, they'll smell the reek no matter what you use. It just comes with the habit.

timt

Preferred Member
Jul 19, 2018
That's the only reason I don't smoke in my car or truck - trade in consequences. I must admit, I've cheated a few times. Don't tell anyone.

trouttimes

Preferred Member
Nov 26, 2018
My trucks always have well over 200,000 before I even think about selling them. Never trade them in so this is not a factor to me. Just trying to be thoughtful of passengers that might ride with me.

chasingembers

Preferred Member
Nov 12, 2014
You mean the Captains Quarters right?
That would be my living room. The car be me yacht. :wink:
The updated screen name and avatar had me looking twice
There were a couple of screen named typos that pegged me as a stalker. Figured a change was in order. :mrgreen: Still chasingembers elsewhere, but didn't want any weirdness here.