PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
I have multiple jobs or responsibilities you can say.
Project Developer/ Project Manager / CNC Drill line and Plasma technician and lastly a Purchaser
I work for a Steel Fabricating Company

hambone

Lurker
Jun 6, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
I am an Application Software Engineer (IT) currently working for BNSF Railray (Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad). I work in the old technologies, i.e. COBOL, DB2, JCL, Natural (Software AG). Been an IT developer since 1984. Worked as a programmer in USMC as well, in my youth. Worked in different parts of the country (California, Arizona, Texas, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC). But currently back home in Fort Worth Texas because my wife wants to live next to her relatives (arg!).

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Phillip I had a young man working shift work with me who had a sail boat, asked me if he could use the lathe in the Mechanical Bldg, made special tools for his sailboat. My Boss asked me did I know that he was useing the lathe, told him yes, You want him to quit useing it, he said its your call. Told him he"s got his radio on, he"s a good worker and I can get him when I want him, nuff said. He eventually quit and is in the Carribean doing sailing tours with his boat, go where your heart is.

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
I am a Graphic Designer/Web Designer/Photographer/Courtroom Sketch Artist for our local newspaper company. But I also freelance in the same fields along with, Illustrations, Graphic Artist.

dunringill

Lurker
Feb 4, 2010
I am the IT Manager for a local municipality. I started there 28 years ago as a programmer. Computers and software have changed a bit since then.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
This is still a great thread-really interesting. Keep on sharing everyone.

My Boss asked me did I know that he was useing the lathe, told him yes, You want him to quit useing it, he said its your call. Told him he"s got his radio on, he"s a good worker and I can get him when I want him, nuff said. He eventually quit and is in the Carribean doing sailing tours with his boat, go where your heart is.
Great story Bradley - sounds like he was very lucky. Wish I had supervisors like you.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I'm currently working for a civil engineering firm, providing software support to the state Department of Transportation. Prior to that, I worked my way up from a desktop support tech to a systems administrator at a local museum over the course of 12 years, and prior to that spent 7 years at a bank doing administrative work for the HR department and a short stint in the credit card fraud group as a business analyst.
And before all of that, I spent some time as an office temp, security guard, line cook, printing press operator, and reader/grader for a favorite professor while I was in college... Life's been good. :D

rockford

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 4, 2013
I am a Regional Manager for British Columbia's favorite restaurant chain

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I am a firefighter in Albuquerque, NM.... Good to see a fellow brother on the forum Magoo

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Started out machining, then went to work as a millwright, then as a full time welder. Now I'm a maintenance mechanic/ jack of all trades for a company here in east TN that makes catalysts for coal fired power plants. Been there for about 7 years now.

protestantpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 20, 2013
Petes03, I started out as a machinist in Dayton, OH before I got laid off and decided to join the Army. Nice meeting you.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Protestantpiper, Good to meet you too! Also, I greatly appreciate your service. I went to shool for it a lot longer than I did any actual work. I still get to do some every now and then with my current job , but I also get to tinker with a lot more stuff now! Pretty much all the males in my family (both sides) have been or are currently in some type of metal working/ industrial maintenance type of job. It's in my blood! I could never sit behind a desk! No offense to anyone who does, my Dad went from being a millwright to a corporate anylist!

protestantpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 20, 2013
Me too, my whole family were DELCO people down in Dayton until the bottom dropped out when the got spun off into DELPHI. My uncle was a foreman over at the Camaro plant in Norwood. Those days are long gone. Shame too, it killed southern Ohio.

yaboofive

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2010
Still unemployed, however my last position was Quality Assurance Manager for a small aerospace company.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I am a college professor, I teach Medical Terminology, Therapeutic Communications, Sterile and Non-Sterile Procedures, Phlebotomy in the Allied Health Department for a community college. I am also currently working on obtaining my RHIA and CCS.

morton

Part of the Furniture Now
May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I work as the Head brewer for a mid sized chain of Brewpubs/restaurants in my home province. It is fun (most days) and I fill my creative needs as I start my products from scratch and follow each batch through to the tap. The pay is good and the benefits are great! :D

I also work part time at a large chain of outdoor retailers behind the gun desk. My main focus there, apart from customer service, is sales and seminar education of customers for pistols and shotguns. Its a sweet gig but this week is my last week working for them. Internal politics reared its ugly head and I refused to play so I tendered my resignation. No worries though, I have been approached by every one of the chain's competitors and offered a job. Very satisfying to say the least. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.