PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzpuff

Lurker
Feb 13, 2013
Toronto
I was educated as an electrical engineer, but have been teaching high school physics for the past decade. It's both very frustrating and lots of fun.

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
I am a programmer. Currently writing programs for processing variable data.

ugh457

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2013
Brantford, Ont.
I participate in the window manufacturing industry!
Er, uhhh, that is to say, I deliver windows to job sites and help in the shop.
Chris

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
33 years as a Nuclear Chemical Operator. Clean up hazardous waste sites both radiological and chemical. Operate underground high level nuclear waste storage tanks. Formerly, back in the 80's, I made Pu for our defense needs.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
I spent 38 1/2 years as a plumber retired in 2006 ,had a part time job for 6 years said good bye to it in march 2013 . Now i do nothing and plenty of it. :puffy:

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Wow, all these cool jobs. I'm just a ups guy. Don't worry, you can still trash your ups guy when your TAD/PAD package arrives looking like an accordion.

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
@gnatjulio

I like my UPS guy, every time he stops by the house, he brings me something. I can't say the same for my own family.
jawdrop.gif

Dec 24, 2012
Ok, I want to come clean. I am really a lawyer, but I tell people that I play piano in a brothel because I want my parents to be proud of me.

Dec 24, 2012
We are on a first name basis with our UPS guy. And every time he comes he spends about 10 minutes petting our dogs. Makes me think he isn't all that busy, lol.

Dec 24, 2012
Yeah Roth, the last time our regular guy was away, the Newbie wouldn't get out of the van while the dogs were there. He made my wife walk up the steps into the truck to grab the package. He must have some fear of Golden Retrievers or something. I told the story to our regular driver (who must be in his late 50s) and he thought it was both sad and funny at the same time.

eibhir

Can't Leave
Jan 16, 2013
United States
I'm a writer and an artist. I also do hair for a very select few when I have time. It's a great life, but you have to force yourself to take time off once in a while to recharge. I also herd cats.

pipesicle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2012
S.E.Iowa
I own and operate a bio-hazard remediation company. "Mold Meth Crime Trash or Death, We clean it all"!

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I was an lowly insurance adjuster in a previous (nightmare) life. Prior to that I was a primary school teacher. I retired in 2007.

joemcdds

Lurker
Nov 28, 2011
Retired dentist after I got MS...So I do a lot of sitting smoking and playing the stock market....

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
This is a great thread. It's quite interesting to see the wide diversity of jobs / careers that our membership has.
I'm going to a business networking / cocktail social in Tampa tonight, so it will be another night of many blank stares when I tell people what I do ... at least when I get to the specifics of being the publisher of PipesMagazine ..."Does anybody smoke a pipe anymore?"
I'm pleased to say that as of 2011, PipesMagazine.com has been my fulltime job.
Technically, my responsibilities for the magazine are:
- Publisher & Editor-in-Chief

- Art Director

- Photo Editor

- Contributing Writer

- Contributing Photographer

- Production Director

- Pipe Babe Photo Shoots - Executive Producer

- IT Director

- Advertising Sales
...And since most of our advertisers do not have the resources for making their ads ... we also operate as an ad agency where I cover the following -
- Creative Director

- Copywriter

- Art Director
For the Pipes Magazine Radio Show, my responsibilities are -
- Executive Producer

- Contributing Writer

- Voice Talent Coordinator

- IT Director

- Advertising Sales
... And again, we also operate as an ad agency to get some of the ads created
- Creative Director

- Copywriter