Jim's Sutliff Cringle Flake 2023 Review.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I think this is the best preparing, most perfect burning blend I've gotten my hands on of late. Love that quality about it.
But...
I'm not finding much strength OR flavor in it.
Smoking quality: great
The rest of it... still searching.
Feels "young" and undeveloped.

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
I think this is the best preparing, most perfect burning blend I've gotten my hands on of late. Love that quality about it.
But...
I'm not finding much strength OR flavor in it.
Smoking quality: great
The rest of it... still searching.
Feels "young" and undeveloped.
Hmm that's crazy for tobaccos that are over 20 years old. I'm not sure about the Katerinis age but I feel like it is a tad dry like the Krampusnatch. It's kinda dry compared to the other years iterations.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Hmm that's crazy for tobaccos that are over 20 years old. I'm not sure about the Katerinis age but I feel like it is a tad dry like the Krampusnatch. It's kinda dry compared to the other years iterations.
It's been a search for me, I know the leaf is old but maybe the "marriage" is young.
I certainly won't be tossing the other tins, I suspect it will improve to my liking in 1-5 years.

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
Late in the game and decided to order a tin. Many places have sold out but I found some and it just arrived. Not sure what the Katerinis are or will be like, but looking forward to trying. Upon opening tin, the smell is interesting and the flakes are thick and dry.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Late in the game and decided to order a tin. Many places have sold out but I found some and it just arrived. Not sure what the Katerinis are or will be like, but looking forward to trying. Upon opening tin, the smell is interesting and the flakes are thick and dry.
I like it, but not as much as the great 2019 version. This version is much too dry in the tin.

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
I like it, but not as much as the great 2019 version. This version is much too dry in the tin.
Well, I had my first try with Cringle Flake, 23 today. Gotta say that although many of the reviews are not glowing, I really enjoyed it. I thought it might be a little dry but it worked up very well and was smooth and tasty. Of course, most of you have a much more distinguishing pallet than I possess so I know there are things I am missing. But.... I did enjoy the experience.
Based on what Merton said about the 2019 version, I sure wish I could try that......