PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

DotAndBang’sPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
im one bowl in and enjoy it. I do find it needs frequent relights, but I dont regret buying it at all.
About three bowls in and I agree. FVF is my desert island tobacco and so I wanted to try this. It’s certainly different than FVF… not so much in flavor as burn tendency and nuance. A strange thought I had when smoking this was: this is a much lighter Va version of Ken Byron’s “Byronic Hiro.” Seriously. It burns the same (difficult) but is similar in Va family flavor…just unstoved.

Reactions: JimInks

minerLuke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2023
Vancouver BC
I missed out on the drop, which apparently sold out quickly but I had an opportunity to trade for some from a forum member. I've had 3 or 4 bowls of this now and I really like it. It's definitely more of a plug and takes a bit of work to slice up, but i like plugs, twists etc so no downside for me there. I haven't dried it out but just smoked it as is, just slicing from a 3/8" thick plug/flake chunk. I really like it so far, my one line review would be a rough looking but slightly sweeter and slightly more flavourful FVF. I think if you are a regular FVF smoker this is definitely worth trying. If this ever comes available again, I will definitely try and buy at least another 8oz box. As a FVF fan this is unique enough to keep on hand for me.

Reactions: ThermionicScott