PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

downinit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2016
Just got 20% off from P&C using code IPSD17 on a Savinelli Gaius bent author and several tins of Fusilier's Ration.
Thanks!

p4ttythep3rf3ct

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2015
No, someone mentioned SmokingPipes had gone live and I kinda figured the big businesses would take advantage of a sales weekend. So I gave it a try :)

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I'm in for a fiver of Cabbies Mixture from SPC.

A gift bag would be a bonus I suppose. :puffy:

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I caught the spirit last evening... and saw the sitewide 10% off at SPC... soooooo the discount got me 5 tins where I only got 4 the last time I added up a cart. So coming my way will now be:

2 tins War Horse Green

2 tins of C&D Speakeasy

and

1 tin of GLP Cairo!

They may even arrive Monday which would be totally cool!! HAPPY IPSD to all!!!

:puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I kept it pretty low key, but I used SP's 10% discount to order a 7oz tin of Iwan Ries Three Star Blue (which SP also sells) and a 2 oz tin of Low Country Guendalose (which no one else sells). When SP first offered Three Star Blue, it was $13 and change, and this brought it back to that price. Hoop-de-day! Likewise, I've been looking at the Low Country new blend for months, so this is a price break. Happy IPSD!

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
IPSD is on Monday.
img_1862-600x400.jpg

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
For those ordering less than 100$s worth, take in account that if you get a free shipping if you add a Warhorse bar to your order.
That's loosely translate to a Warhorse for just 2-3 dollars.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
So tomorrow I shall smoke a pipe (or five), rather like today, in fact rather like every day. So the significance of IPSD is what exactly?
I clearly have missed something here but really cannot see the point. It's rather like having an IBD (International Breathing Day)...the mind boggles :crazy:
You could smoke a bowl of humbug Jay! :nana: he he
I will be looking for deals on blends I like rather than grab bags, and of course smoking something tasty, in a bigger bowl than normal I guess.
Isaac

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"You could smoke a bowl of humbug Jay."
Isaac, I shall smoke my bowl of humbug whilst lamenting the fact that we on this side of the pond get no special deals or gratuities...IPSD or any other day :crying:
Regards,
Jay.

It is better to GET than to RECIEVE

Screen-Shot-2015-12-01-at-1.59.29-PM.jpg

Gentlemen, let's not forget the true meaning of ISPD. Pipe smokers around the world are being persecuted for smoking in public. They are beaten, jailed, dragged into back corridors and robbed of all dignity and self-respect by self-righteous totalitarian governments around the world. All other holidays, we are forced to spend our hard earned wages to buy stuff for ungrateful family and friends and even strangers. This one time of the year we come together in the name of the Great Pipe Goddess and enjoy our pipe smoke like true gentleman and ladies in peace and harmony, setting a good example in the world of why we do this crazy thing.

And, so are people who bring us pipe tobaccos and pipes, and pipe accessories. For without people selling us these things, we are merely normal mortal beings. Without pipe sellers, and trader, we are nothing. Without the farmers who grow, the tobacconist who cure, blend, and package our tobacco we are just blind sheep. Without pipe makers, traders, distributors, refurnishers, and repairmen, we are just ignorant joneser, withdrawers, and cravers.
Sure, some retailers will offer packages, free shipping, or discounts, but let's not forget the important part, and that is supporting these retailers and others in the industry that keep us from being mere non-smokers. It's all about the generosity and love we spread in buying things for ourselves. For without these entrepreneurs we are nothing. So, buy that new pipe, new tin, or five pound bag of bulk. Get what you want, for it is far better to get than to receive. We do enough receiving with all of the other "commercial" holidays. This is our turn. So, get what you want, and smoke your pipes with dignity.
Happy ISPD!!

Keep it smokey! :puffy:

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
Great post Cosmic...
Will sites like SP and P+C have any extra special "deals" on Monday or grab those 10 tins of ____________ now?
I've made 2 buys so far... one small, one large... but I still have couple more to make.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I'll be visiting my nearest B&M tomorrow (Harvey's of Redruth) and shall mention to him that it is IPSD though I fear he won't have a clue what I am talking about, much less give me any discount on the tins I intend to purchase :roll:
Regards,
Jay.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Isaac, I shall smoke my bowl of humbug whilst lamenting the fact that we on this side of the pond get no special deals or gratuities...IPSD or any other day :crying:
Yes, I understand. Normally I am living in New Zealand where I can choose between erinmore mixture at $90 a tin, or borkum riff....and thats it. The internet has made this hobby possible for me basically.
Rabbit trail: I imagine this elusive humbug blend to be a stripy flake, heavily drenched in menthol on the outside and bone dry on the inside...

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Rabbit trail: I imagine this elusive humbug blend to be a stripy flake, heavily drenched in menthol on the outside and bone dry on the inside...
Oh you've heard about our new Cherry Menthol Stem blend. We use the finest tobacco stems and veins that undergo our secret Cherry Halls process to give you a smoking experience you've never had. Brought to you by the fine folks at Somewhat Humble International Tobacco because we're SHI......

Status
Not open for further replies.