PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I think you should shoot for something between High Times with a touch Easy Rider/Mad Magazine - maybe you could call it BSW - Back Street Weirdo's or something along those lines. Perhaps even 'Giving it a Length of Pipe!' or even LBAM - Laid Back and Mellow are all perfectly acceptable titles. I used to review certain illegal substances for LBAM back in my University days, my article on Pervitin was very popular circa 1984/85 after we got our hands on some during a trip to Eastern Europe!

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
I think you should shoot for something between High Times with a touch Easy Rider/Mad Magazine - maybe you could call it BSW - Back Street Weirdo's or something along those lines. Perhaps even 'Giving it a Length of Pipe!' or even LBAM - Laid Back and Mellow are all perfectly acceptable titles. I used to review certain illegal substances for LBAM back in my University days, my article on Pervitin was very popular circa 1984/85 after we got our hands on some during a trip to Eastern Europe!
Was thinking something simple like PipesZinE

I come from an 80's punk aesthetic so wondering if many even know what a Zine is , here's a quick Wik.

I used to love old Mad Magazine I especially enjoyed the fold over on the back might try something like that pipe related

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Good points and challenges.

Off the top of my head a few things I would enjoy.

It would have actual pages to turn.
It would be currated not moderated.
No Advertising = No Bias.
Unique hopefully in the same way that D.I.Y. Zine culture is to mainstream Magazine culture, more of an artifact than a consumer product.
The Contributors would be doing it for love not money which tends to make things more interesting.
With a revolving cast like when people get burned out or maybe we could rotate a bit with each issue and keep it fresh.

Just spitballing here.
Man, I wish you the very best in this endeavor. You have the passion to make it happen.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Bumping this thread to seek an "I" for those who wish to submit, though I will scour the thread again to find those who already showed interest.

Please respond with " Yes I would like to submit a __________"

Original article IE " 101 ways to keep ___ off your lawn"
Original Pipe Poetry
Original Pipe Art
Tobacco/Pipe Review
Pipe/Tobacco related Rant/Rave
Scene Report IE " local PIpe show , B&M, Pipe Maker"

Any and all things you would like to contribute.

I will respond with a PM in the next few days and we will get started.

Reactions: Ryan