PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I’m still bouncing around fresh stuff trying to find my groove, and feeding the curiosity (and horses and a Harley, and shunting habit) has me not yet at the point of sticking up on stuff in hopes of emnjoyingvitvin the future.
I’ve only had fresh-ish LNF, and it didn’t wow me at all. Maybe someday I’ll get a good amount for future Steve to enjoy.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
In September 2005 I bought a pound of Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake from vegassmokes.com that had been vacuum sealed in 1997.

I initially stored it in a sealed container until I finally cut open the plastic in September 2012. The flakes had basically fused together to form what I'd describe as a cross between a plug & a crumble cake. I broke it into large chunks & put the chunks into 1/2 pint Mason jars. I've sampled from those jars off & on ever since. The tobaccos seems relatively dry but smokes beautifully & absolutely delicious.

I definitely agree that LNF is a must-have for any aficianado of Virginia & Virginia/
Perique pipe tobaccos, especially considering how good it is relative to how cheap it is!

KingcobraJFS

Lurker
Sep 22, 2021
I want to like this more than I do. I always fall back on Elizabethan Mixture as my default vaper. I'll try one of my aged jars again soon and reassess.

Jbrewer2002

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2023
Somerset Ohio
Smoking some from 2020 now and it’s wonderful. Wonder what it would have been like with more age. May have to buy a good bit and sit on it for the future.

davidy97

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2017
Tx
Does it store good in a planters peanut jar? Is it the glass jar w screw lid or the cardboard with plastic snap on lid? Do you get any peanut flavors?

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Does it store good in a planters peanut jar? Is it the glass jar w screw lid or the cardboard with plastic snap on lid? Do you get any peanut flavors?
It has a screw on lid, and is the 2lb 2.5 oz square size.

Eat the peanuts and wash it out with soap and water and let it dry.

A pound and a half box of PS LFN fills it nearly full.

Free humidor.

Won’t break.

Add a moisturizer as needed or leave unsealed to dry.

See through

Wide mouth.

Why not?

Reactions: orvet