PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Through extensive research and trial and error, I have determined what the best flints on the market are. They are the IM Corona Flints, followed by the Davidoff ones. Do yourself a favor and stay away from the Zippo flints, they wear out very quickly and they get mangled and become misshapen also very quickly. I use the Corona flints on my Old Boy, my Zippo and my Davidoff lighters and they really do last so much longer and always keep their shape.
This public service announcement has been brought to you by the majority stock holder of IM Corona. :nana:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
A six pack of Zippo flints is 1.63 on Amazon and the Corona for a 5 pack is 6.18. You are talking a major difference in price but my Corona flints lasted probably 8-10 times longer than the Zippo. There is a reason why the Zippo are so cheap.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
phillip, I used to buy Ronson flints years ago and don't remember ever having any issues with them. Unfortunately no one around here sells them anymore. I went to CVS, Walgreens, Walmart and no one carries them.
kashmir, I bought my Corona Flints at smokingpipes, bought 5 of the 5 packs so I don't have to worry about them for a while. I could not find them anywhere else to even compare prices.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
peck, I cannot believe I didn't google them. I only looked at the sponsors here and other on line sources I use. I just saw them at lighters direct for only 2.38, I am a moron. lol I am shocked that smokingpipes charges as much as they do considering what LD is selling them for.
http://www.lightersdirect.com/IM_Corona.605/Old_Boy.558/Flints_for_IM_Corona_Lighters.12080.html?gclid=CMjX3OvIrbcCFStp7AodwgEAsg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I cannot believe they are twice the price of everyone else. Usually their prices are as competitive as anyone's. Maybe they are some special super duper Corona Flint made of rare earth materials designed to last eons.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
I've got a Ronson cigarette case/Lighter combo from the 30's that still has the original flint in it....still works too!
I always liked Ronson lighters more than Zippo. Oh well. I'll definitely have to check out those corona flints out.

Status
Not open for further replies.