PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I've got a ways to go to catch up.
I've got a dresser full plus a few crates.
I'm still trying new stuff to find more blends I want to stockpile. I've got about 25 tins waiting for me to sample. I'm testing out Blackwoods right now.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Hard to take people who wish for my demise, Sable.
My executor has Pipestuds contact info. At least my legacy won't go cheap!
I'm not wishing anyone's demise, well...not anyone on this forum...yet...
It's a simple fact of life. Life ends. And BTW, I'm a geezer too (sung to the Dr Pepper jingle).
I should have put a smiley after the statement as it's intended to be humorous.
But like many others, I have more tobacco piled up than I'm likely going to live long enough to actually smoke, and yet, I'm still buying more. It's a sickness.
As for plans for the cellar after I croak out, I've left them in my will but have few illusions that they will be followed. Plans are interesting things. So ephemeral. They so often become dust in the wind.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Imagine carrying a few brand new tins into your storage area, heap, or whatever. You lay them lovingly on the pile and suddenly a pang in the chest which quickly radiates down your left arm. You take a last, longing look at your 28 pounds of tobacco and the answer is suddenly right before your eyes, "Yes! Damnit, yes! I can cellar too much..."

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Tons of no longer available blends will be up for grabs after the thousands of hoarding geezers croak out.
Definitely true, but the difficulty is that I like a lot of those geezers. Good people, even if... "ornery."

Oct 7, 2016
@sable, it is I who should have inserted a smiley or other such insipid emoji in my post, but the keyboard for adding such on my tablet doesn't play well with this forum.
Actually, I have planned on reviewing my cellar this long weekend with an eye towards reducing my holdings of blends that I consider just OK. After several months of experimenting, I have discovered that what I liked over 15 years ago when I quit pipe smoking is pretty much what I like best now. That I am now well into geezerdom is a consideration and, realistically, a limiting factor.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
As a side note, I really hate all mobile devices. Of course the tablet is screwing up the emojis. What don't tables screw up?
Right, Netflix, Amazon, Facebook.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Show here this and tell her you are thinking of getting one. I did and my wife has never said another word. :)
40%27-Container.jpg

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
:laughat: You guys are definitely crazy! :lol:
Tons of no longer available blends will be up for grabs after the thousands of hoarding geezers croak out.
That´s what I always think of when hearing those numbers. I once hoarded photographic film because they said it´s gonna die. Well, in the end I sold it on Ebay.... :roll: :mrgreen:

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
But we'll have to dumpster-dive to get them after the wives and children pitch them in the trash.

bttreadwell

Lurker
May 4, 2017
You guys are awesome. I told my wife some of you had 250 pounds plus stored away and I only had 3-4 pounds in my cellar. She decided I didn't have a problem after all!! Thank you all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.