PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
You can smoke a pipe in a hot tub, just better smoke it fast. I had a cigar last weekend while tailgating because its just easier. Maybe not quite as fulfilling, but its is definitely easier. Was a nice Rocky Patel Decade. Damn it was good. I keep about 10-20 cigars on hand but they are mostly for when friends come to visit. I dont smoke many of them. golfing and tailgating is when i smoke cigars.

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
I smoked cigars before pipes and like it a lot but not near as much as I like pipes. I still smoke a few cigars a year usually at a special occasion with friends.

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
I am equal in time spent between cigars and pipes. I have about 175 cigars and 25 pipes. I like them both and both serve their purpose. I have found that estate cigars are not that much fun! :)

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I don't like the "natural" taste of a cigar, when i do smoke them, which is not often, I'll grab a ACID and enjoy it...

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
Cigars are what got me into tobacco and I love em! I've been spending a little more time with pipes since picking up the hobby, but I enjoyed a couple cigars this weekend and I can't say that pipes have replaced them even a little
I really enjoy both and can see maintaining both hobbies in the future.

Thy both seem to have their place. (So much for saving money!)

hfearly

Oct 11, 2012
Canada
I'm in the same boat - today Mr. Forum Member "CanAsianPiper" came over for a visit and we had some cigars. I've had one for the first time in probably a year - a now well-aged Montecristo No 4 and boy that thing tasted awesome. We were joking about cutting little bullseyes from the cigars to put them in our pipes ...

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Mainly I am a piper, but I keep some cigars around. Punch puros, Blue Helix, and CI Copper labels are my keep arounds. Best cigar I ever had was a Comancho Liberty, 2010. (Well, there was a Cuban Cohiba once, but that is another story). I have tried all sorts of cigars, but really, I like pipes, and I suspect most of my cigar choices probably show it.

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
Cigars are much more available here than pipe tobacco, but the price puts me right off. I have only tried cheap dry cigars, nothing special. Would like to get my hands on a few good sticks to try someday.

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
I have tried a total of 3 cigars in my life, I don't know enough about them to identify them and I didn't like them enough to figure out there names. If someone offers me a cigar I would take it, but I wouldn't go out and buy my own. When my friends smoke a cigar I just light up my pipe now, they all have gotten used to it :p

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
I don't know what it is about cigars but they have never "grabbed" me. I can enjoy a few different pipes in the time it would take stupid me to enjoy a cigar.

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I like cigars, but because of storage space and price I limit what I smoke. I have a small humidor and smoke 1 (or 2) cigar a month.

Jul 15, 2011
I enjoy a fine cigar as much as I do a pipe and I often reserve cigars for when I have company over because no one else smokes pipes. I love value for money in a cigar as much as I do pipe tobacco, and I can locally get some cigars called Cuban Rounds for about $2 a piece. Flor De Olivas and Quorum cigars are also great for the price.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Pipe Novelist, one of the best values in cigars in my opinion is the El Rey Del Mundo line from JRcigars. The Rectangular in Maduro is a great deal and a great smoke. A box of 30 is 98.00, for 3.26 a stick they are real tough to beat.

Jul 15, 2011
Pipe Novelist, one of the best values in cigars in my opinion is the El Rey Del Mundo line from JRcigars
Thanks for that heads up! Ill have to look into some of those the next time I get a cigar order together.

ollie

Lurker
Nov 19, 2012
reasonably priced cigar that I would smoke any day over my pipe would be something like an Alec Bradley Black Market... i find the two are very different. A good full bodied meduro wrap cigar draw will never be beat by a pipe draw... just how it is for me. I'm lucky enough to have a B&M just down the street from me with a staggering humidor,and relatively fair prices. I find the price and time commitment behind a good cigar a difficult feat sometimes though. Any decent robusto is a good 1-1.5 hour smoke. Which is great if you have that much time to kick back.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I smoke my pipes about twice as much as I smoke cigars, except in the summer, that number switches. But yes, I do smoke cigars almost as much as pipes for the year

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
I very seldom smoke cigars, perhaps 3 or 4 a year. I tend to like the stronger ones, like Rocky Patel and J.R. Ultimates. Stogies are a good change of pace but the pipe is still king!

Smokey

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
El Rey Del Mundo line from JRcigars. The Rectangular
The Rectangulare - a box-pressed cigar - is a wonderful smoke. I prefer the EMS myself,but that's me. I had one after my daughter's wedding.
JR has some great prices on cigars. The Maria Mancini line, at $45-$55 for a box of 20, is definitely worth checking out. I like the Magic Mountain,myself. And La Finca Coronas, at about $41 for a box of 20, would be my every day smoke if I was a regular cigar smoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.