PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Not to be mean or insensitive, but this sounds like a troll. If not its got to be one of the dumbest moves by a pipe smoker ever. I agree with the others that mention the fact that one does not relate to the other. Plus why would you give away most of your collection to a junkie/alcoholic. Try 1 to start if anything or better yet go buy him a corn cob.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Shit-posting alive and well. I gave my son in law powder cocaine and he promised he wouldn't cook it into freebase, then on top of that he uses my unsmoked 1920 Dunhill to smoke it with and chars the shit out of the rim!!!!!

Mar 1, 2014
I can believe the OP is genuine.

I've tried sharing my hobbies with people before, and the result is usually somewhere along the lines of the description given. If you've spent any significant amount of time or money in any given thing, you're probably the only person in the area who cares enough to treat those specific items with due respect.

Depending on how far down the rabbit hole you go, the number of people who can grasp what you're dealing with might be very, very few.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Otto:
I've got this friend in Louisiana who'd read your post and maybe write:
"For someone's first Post that is so personal, you're either a Fraud or very Stupid, maybe both."
Oh, wait a minute.
I'll be go to hell.
Bradley already wrote that. Never mind.
Still, I'd like to know something. What's a pseudo son in law? They're either married or they aren't. (Has he fathered your grandchildren - in wedlock or out?) And if you came here sincerely because of this forum's reputation of kindness, generosity and willingness to share then that was just flat out foolish. You really should have been contacting your state's Division of Family Services to draw a line in the sand and reclaim your family.
Otto, sack up.
Fnord

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Sounds like your daughter married "Snake". You wee supposed to use a Shotgun to discourage this. Shame On You! :rofl:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Few parents can give- or withhold- their daughters or sons to anyone. Besides, "pseudo son-in-law" implies common law marriage or simply living together.

ottorank56

Lurker
Oct 4, 2015
Well thanks for all the comments. To clarify, my "daughter" is of no official blood relation to me. Therefore pseudo is the most appropriate term. Thank you for all the comments. I appreciate every one. Also, there are highly functioning junkies/alcoholics. Take the late Senator Kennedy for instance.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Well I sure as hell wouldn't have given Teddy Kennedy my pipes, either. He'd be likely to get them all wet, driving off a bridge.
Seriously, ottorank, that is an awfully odd way to introduce yourself to the group.
Finally, if this young woman is someone for whom you have responsibility -- blood relation or not -- it is HER wellbeing you need to address, no?

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
@Ottorank just busting your balls, welcome to the forums, I hope you learned you can't help an addict, they have to help themselves.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
I agree with the statement...
Pipesmagazine Forum can't help you with this.

We can offer some empathy and constructive criticism. We may also direct you to a place to get clarification for your own role in this. Here's a link for you. Alanon

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Also, there are highly functioning junkies/alcoholics. Take the late Senator Kennedy for instance.
I must say that's the first time I've heard Ted Kennedy referred to as "highly functioning".

ottorank56

Lurker
Oct 4, 2015
Oh yes Ted Kennedy was highly functional. Look at how he "convinced" Aristotle Onassis to fork over 20 million to Jackie when they divorced. Is it a coincidence that Ari's son died in a jet accident or just another example of good old American exceptionalism?

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Wasn't Ted Kennedy the guy who had cancer eating holes in his brain for the last ten years he was in the Senate, and no one noticed any difference?

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Hm.... My parents were both terrible alcoholics for most of my life. They are the reason that I don't drink. Never have, never will. So I understand where you are coming from. But knowing the current situation, I would not have given either of them anything of mine that I cared about.
Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.