PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottorank56

Lurker
Oct 4, 2015
Closure about my pseudo son in law. He has great talent and skill with wood. His father is a master cabinet maker. His father was also untreated for PTSD for over 10 years. The Viet Nam war. The boy was also the victim of sexual molestation by an adult male member of their Jehovah's Witness congregation. Sigh. I know, addicts/alcoholics always have an excuse. So that is that. I firmly believed my wonderful hobby could only help the boy in his recovery from 13 years of dual addictions. Occupy his time as pleasantly as it does for me. However, he drank the Everclear, which is to clean pipes with, never cleaned the pipes, charred the rims, and so on. I told him Stalin never cleaned his pipes either and only smoked Royal Yacht, noxious clouds, deliberately offensive. The boy thought was pretty funny and cool. I find myself like the cartoon character in King of the Hill, good old Hank, but dealing with Beavis and Butthead. Their child is very advanced, but I do not know what will happen. I reference Terman's genuis study, and I reference Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. No doubt the pseudo grandson will be good at something. Sigh. Ok. Thank you brothers of the briar for all your input. I have learned and been entertained as well.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I told him Stalin never cleaned his pipes either and only smoked Royal Yacht, noxious clouds, deliberately offensive.

Actually Stalins smoke was Herzegovina Flor, which are cigarettes, he would crumble the cigarette into his pipe. His favorite was Edgeworth Ready Rubbed.

Mar 1, 2014
PTSD is the new ADD. Everyone has it and wields it like a big stick.

I'm not even necessarily kidding about everyone having it (or just about everyone, who hasn't experienced something traumatic?), the only thing new here is it's acceptable to use it as an excuse.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Otto, I had you pegged as a troll on the first post....but you took it to a whole level on your last post...that's some funny stuff! (And on the 5% chance that any of this is genuine, you should order a bag of MM cobs, some tins of Prince Albert, pack your bags and move across the country to get away from the craziness)

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Smh. Fake or not it would be dumb to give the dude all your stuff in hopes it'll make him snap out of his need for alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.