PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Smokey

Can't Leave
Feb 29, 2024
The Hollers of Kentucky in Appalachia
My name is Dustin but yall can call me Dusty. I'm from the Hollers in Eastern Kentucky right in the heart of Appalachia. I've been smoking a pipe since I was 11. My Grandpappy got me started and made me my first pipe out of a corn cob. I was home schooled until I went to high school. I enjoy fishing, hunting, smoking, and telling tales. Every great Appalachian has good stories to tell. I went to the University of Kentucky and got my degree in education and teach at the local high school. The only flag that hangs in my classroom is the flag of our great country.

Old Smokey

Can't Leave
Feb 29, 2024
Welcome, Dusty! So how many years have you been smoking a pipe now? 20? Also, did you go to Schwab's much when you were at UK? If so, what's your favorite blend from them?
That would be 23 years of puffing sir. I went into Schwab's a few times but never bought anything. Being a poor college kid, I was buying over the counter blends and smoking only once or twice a day. Now I smoke upwards to 12 times a day.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
That would be 23 years of puffing sir. I went into Schwab's a few times but never bought anything. Being a poor college kid, I was buying over the counter blends and smoking only once or twice a day. Now I smoke upwards to 12 times a day.
Dang! You are a smoking machine! And yeah, I remember what it was like to be in college and broke 😅

• Haha
Reactions: Old Smokey

Old Smokey

Can't Leave
Feb 29, 2024
Dang! You are a smoking machine! And yeah, I remember what it was like to be in college and broke 😅
I enjoy the good tobaccy now lol. Got some Sutliff, Hearth and Home, Cornell and Deihl, and a few other stuff. I'm partial to aromatics but I'll smoke a good English when the time calls for it. Usually when I'm sucking down that good old mountain dew. If ya know, ya know.

• Love
Reactions: AroEnglish

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I enjoy the good tobaccy now lol. Got some Sutliff, Hearth and Home, Cornell and Deihl, and a few other stuff. I'm partial to aromatics but I'll smoke a good English when the time calls for it. Usually when I'm sucking down that good old mountain dew. If ya know, ya know.
I do love a cold Mountain Dew but never thought to pair it with a tobacco, let alone a tasty English. Definitely going to try this soon.

Reactions: Old Smokey
Status
Not open for further replies.