PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
I will be working until around 1 pm, then driving to my folks some 300 miles away; they're keeping my little girl since the daycare is closed all week. She's been gone since Sunday morning and I don't know how to act. I will probably meet Santa Claus on the way there. Nice four-and-a-half day weekend :puffy:
edit to add this picture of myself and Georgi from the SPC Christmas "thing"
IMG_9586.jpg

desertpipe

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2014
I will work at the Shop until the last of the "I need a pipe or some tobacco for Dad (or Grandpa)crowd" is gone. I will drive the 35 miles up into the mountains and watch the landscape turn slowly white, for there will be a white Christmas this year at our house. I will start a fire in the glass front wood stove, and enjoy whatever the RedHead has prepared for dinner. The final preparation of the venison roast, and into the crockpot it goes. A shot of Bourbon after dinner, and eggnog for the Wife. No late night for us, as the crowd will arrive in the early afternoon Christmas Day, and the cats and dogs will have all the little ones petting them until time to wash up for dinner.

escioe, that was my life for 17 years....it is good to know that there are still men that care enough to put in the time and hard work it takes to change lives.

pipebaum81, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers, for without you and the others like you we might well have nothing to celebrate. Thank you.

hierophant

Lifer
Jul 27, 2014
I suspect my wife and daughter will be in bed fairly early, my son will be working til midnight. After the gifts are under the tree, I'll probably enjoy a holiday movie marathon with whoever is still awake. Miracle on 34th Street (the original), Scrooge (the musical) and end with The Homecoming (for my money the best Christmas movie ever). Will probably alternate bowls of Peterson's Holiday Cheer 2014 with Dunhill Nightcap and keep myself hydrated with glasses of Jura single malt (10 yo) with just the tiniest splash of water in it.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I'll head home from the office an hour early, and have dinner with my spouse (who has Christmas Eve off). Then we'll probably play World of Warcraft until the wee hours. :D
We don't actually celebrate Christmas, so we've already done our ritual observance of the Solstice sunrise (accompanied by drumming and a pipeful of Odin's Wind this year). I'll have the day after Christmas off, so I'll probably head over to the B&M to spend part of my bonus on a new pipe for 2015...

Status
Not open for further replies.