PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I'm also working Christmas eve. I should be home by 1AM Christmas morning upon when I'll light up my Peterson Christmas pipe and sip some Bulleit bourbon whiskey.

jessicac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
I'm going to be staying up way past my bedtime... waiting anxiously...
for the Doctor Who Christmas special...

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
My daughter and son-in-law are coming in on Tuesday night from New Orleans. We haven't seen them since June, so it will be fun to catch up and spend some time with them. The SIL smokes a pipe, so we'll squeeze in a bowl before Mass. The rest of our extended family is meeting at our place that evening, so we're blessed to have a house full of people and fun times.
I found this late 40's Kaywoodie Churchwarden a few months ago and restored it. I've saved smoking it until Christmas Eve, so that will be my pipe of the day.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I'll be making up a pot of venison chili from the buck I killed last month. It will be most delicious. My folks will be here as well as my daughter, husband and two of my grandchildren. Then for desert we will light the candle on the cake to celebrate Jesus' birthday. That is a new tradition that I'm starting to maybe jog the kids minds away from presents and toward the real reason for the celebration if only for a little while. Oh yea I'll get a bowl of something in there later after everyone has left. Wonderful times.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
My plans to go up north got scuttled when our top management cancelled the traditional Christmas break a couple of days ago. So I'll enjoy the sights and sounds of the holiday here, rather than up north with my fiancée. We'll have to do a phone-in Christmas Eve.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
Dinner at home with my wife and three sons (my daughter will be at her in-laws in NC this year). Then a drink and a pipeful with my two oldest sons, followed by midnight Mass.

pipebaum81

Nov 23, 2014
As many of you know I am deployed and away from home. My lovely wife, 12 year old daughter, and 8 year old son will be in Denver with most of her family. They are in for a really nice time and every inch but one wishes I could be with them. That one inch will be glad to put on the uniform and return to the flight line. Maintenance should be slow and I'll send most of my people back to their rooms for Christmas Eve for a rare extra evening off. We can't shut down completely so I will be here through the night. With any luck I will see Chevy Chase's Christmas Star right before sunrise. I just received my Peterson, Holiday Season 2014 from SmokingPipes.Com. I will enjoy multiple bowls of that while listening to Christmas music and reading.
I want you all to know that I have enjoyed this thread immensely. I have read every single person's contribution thus far and it warms my heart to know what you all have in store. I am new around here but I will be thinking of some of the plans shared above. Please enjoy your time with your families and friends and only think of folks like me for a small moment but please do not linger. There are thousands of us who do what we do to play our part in making all the above possible. We do it with great pride. Merry Christmas to you all!

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Pipebaum81, thank you for your service and I sure hope next Christmas you get to spend every minute with your family.
Sablebrush52, that's really too bad. I say we send cousin Eddy after the boss man.
I will be up early preparing dinner for my family. My parents, sister's family, nephew's family and grandparents will be in attendance. Most everyone will bring a dish, dessert or appetizer so I can concentrate a bit. I think I'll be doing roasted winter vegetables and Sriracha deviled eggs but definitely a crown rack of lamb and Yorkshire pudding. I think the wife will be making some rolls and assisting me with prep. The kids will be busying trying to undue all our efforts at cleaning. Some friends should be stopping by later in the evening and I pan to smoke a bowl or two as the day allows. Regardless I hope to retire to the garage after the final presents are placed under the tree for morning for some 2008 Christmas Cheer. Here's hoping you and your families have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
My middle daughter and her SO are coming up from Illinois for the holidays. We will attend Christmas Eve services at my UU church; I think my oldest daughter, son-in-law, and toddler grandson will join us. The minister has asked me to read the Christmas story from Luke; I've been doing this for a number of years. Then we will go back to the house for tacos. (I have no idea how it started, but tacos are a Christmas Eve tradition.) I will probably have a Christmas Eve dram; tobacco is out of the question while my eldest is there, because she has some severe allergies.

Christmas morning we will gather again, along with my youngest daughter and her husband.
Most of all, we will love each other and hold each other close. This is our first Christmas without my wife and their mother, who died in April. We got through Thanksgiving, which our favorite holiday; now comes Christmas. :puffy:

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Pbaum, stay safe, people like you are the backbone of this country. My twin son will be in early from Houston, we"ll , wife and I will be putting on a seafood gumbo on, wrapping presents for Christmas Day when my Oldest son and family may or may not come, Exxon has deemed the project he's working on must be completed. He's Airborne so he won't complain if he can't . My twin daughter will come with her family on Christmas, she married an Italian and they tradionally spend Christmas Eve with his family and Christmas Day with us, Grandaughter says she loves our home cause it always smells like Food HaHa. We don't have a tree up this year I am in a neck brace and couldn't help wife get out the big tree in the attic . PMon knows something is up but not what, he's watched the wife stuff the Pork roast and debone the turkey all while laying on rug at wife's feet hopeing for a morsel . All in all I wish anyone reading this to be warm and safe for Christmas as I have also been deployed for Christmas and remember tears comeing down hearing Bing Crosbys White Christmas, yes even the tough cry. Merry Christmas All.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Working until 5pm Christmas Eve for no damn apparent good reason. Then will go home and finish the preparations for entire family visiting on Christmas Day. 16 people in total.
I wish you all a Merry Christmas. :puffy:

Jun 4, 2014
We will be going to a friends house for their annual get together. Then it will be off to church, where my family is supposed to help light the Advent Wreath and I'm supposed to read something, but we are still waiting on the Pastor to send me the verse. Then back to the house to have a bite to eat and wrestle my son to sleep. It will then be time to sit back with a glass of aged rum and briar full of some sublime blend yet to be picked and wait for the Belschnickle to arrive.

k1j3l

Might Stick Around
Nov 29, 2014
Eastern Shore, MD
Having a few friends over for some steaks, and to exchange a few gifts. After they leave, I'll be in the big chair, watching christmas movies, and curled up with my fiance, smoking a bowl or two of Molto Dolce.

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
I will head over to my parents on Tues night. Wed, i will head to a flea market in search of good estate pipes. After a large family Christmas dinner ( I am going to be making Baklava, and it WILL trump my mothers..muahahaha!) our immediate family normally heads to the cinema. We will watch the final Hobbit. We watches LotR and Hobbit every Christmas in the cinemas, and we will again.
Unfortunately, I dont have any family that I can gift the pipe, or else I would.

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
Christmas Eve is going to be busy for me. My FIL is coming into town and will be staying with us. First we will head to church for a 6pm service, I am the lay leader for my church so I have a lot to do to ensure the service goes off without a hitch. Then I have to ensure the 11pm service is all set as I wont be there for that one. Then its back to my house where my wife has invited at least 15 people over for dinner. I feel my PTSD flaring up already LOL I plan on ending the night smoking some Stonehaven that I save for special occasions.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Smoke.... A partagas series d no 4 and my new pipe.... While gazing out at at the street, pondering the nature of the universe and my place in it. I shall then proceded to cry a little because I'm alone. I'll then drink some expensive scotch and smoke more in an effort to improve my outlook. This won't work. I'll take an ambien and drift off into oblivion. I LOVE the holidays!! Merry Xmas!!! ☺️

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
Traditional Italian Xmas eve. Homemade pasta, meatballs, pork roast, beer battered smelt, Italian wedding soup, salad, lots of wine, cheese, and canoli's.

Status
Not open for further replies.