PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
One or two bowls a day usually, a bit more on the weekends so probably a tin and a half a month. :puffy:

smokinfireman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2015
I dont't smoke tinned stuff on a regular basis, so in terms of how much, I smoke about a quarter tub of OTC a month. Less if I'm on a cigar kick.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I smoke one to two bowls a day, but I would smoke more if I could find the time. Once in another lifetime, I smoked a pound a week! You read that right. I had to cut that back and then stopped smoking my pipes altogether for several years.
I'm back, now, and have been, but I do not smoke near as much as I did. And now that the weather is getting colder, I'll have to cut back even more since I don't smoke inside the house.

kaboom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
I wasn't smoking much at all but as of a month ago i've been ramping it up to around 2 bowls per day.

I don't smoke massive bowls, let's say a couple of grams per bowl.

At this pace, It'll be around 2 tins per month. Perhaps a little less.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Reading about pipe smoking, looking at pipes for sale or that have been crafted and aren't for sale, and smoking a pipe are about all I do every day it seems. I do smoke all day and I smoke in my 'house' or in the car on those rare occasions I need to travel.

How many grams in the avg. bowl? 3? 2-3 gms per bowl...about 12 bowls a day...36 grams a day. I rarely buy tins or spend much more than $2.00 an oz.

Bulk buys of Balkan Sasieni, Nightcap, LNF, and several C&D blends round out my codger corral quite nicely.

redpanda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2015
I try not to smoke more than 4-5 bowls a day. I think moderation is a good thing to practice too.

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
I average 3 a day. Generally try to keep bulk buys and cheap tins for my day time use. The finer 'baccos are for nocturnal puffing.

reniaeats

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 4, 2014
United States
This post makes me feel vaguely guilty about my tobacco collection. I don't think I finish even a full tin a month. I only smoke a few times per week, but my tobacco collection has become something like hoarding. At the rate I smoke, I probably have tobacco for the next five years...and yet, there's always another interesting tin to try...

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
I smoke every other Friday , or a Saturday, and I probably smoke less than an ounce in a month, if I had the time, I probably would smoke more often.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
With my new job, ten hour shifts at a factory, I have been smoking roughly 5 oz per month. My old job, driving 80,000 miles last year, I could smoke a pack a day, And ten bowls or so.

shawnofthedead

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2015
I smoke around 5 bowls a day, but it's difficult to say how many tins I smoke per month, since I smoke many different blends throughout the day.

heffeweisse

Might Stick Around
Sep 9, 2013
I am more of a seasonal smoker so that means summer is omitted. Usually I tend to light the pipe during fall, winter, and spring (if there is one)--perhaps once a day; twice a week :puffy:

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
I only get to enjoy a smoke 1-3 times a week. As someone else mentioned earlier, I unfortunately don't seem to find the time to enjoy my pipes/tabacco more than that right now.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Depending on the week I smoke anywhere from 0 to 5 times a week. Of those times, I will smoke anywhere from 0 to 10 bowls a week. That puts me in the 0 to 3 tins a month range. However, I would say 1.5 to 2 tins a month is probably more accurate. All the tobacco I smoke is currently in mason jars, so its hard to say for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.