PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Is this going to devolve into "you're not a pipe smoker if you have any unsmoked pipes, you're just a collector"?
Who cares. You smoke em all and never clean them? Great. You smoke them all and fastidiously clean them after every bowl? Whatever works for ya. You smoke some and don't smoke some? That's your pipe rack, not mine. You don't smoke any just like collecting pipes? Bet they look nice.

bigjoe

Might Stick Around
Aug 14, 2014
22! But that's because I just picked up a 20 lot of estate pipes to clean up over the winter. :)
The last two are a couple of cobs I can give out to a friend who wants to try or take out some place that might be a little risky for a more expensive pipe.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Is this going to devolve into "you're not a pipe smoker if you have any unsmoked pipes, you're just a collector"?
Who cares. You smoke em all and never clean them? Great. You smoke them all and fastidiously clean them after every bowl? Whatever works for ya. You smoke some and don't smoke some? That's your pipe rack, not mine. You don't smoke any just like collecting pipes? Bet they look nice.
+1 with this one as well.
The little bits o righteousness expressed by the fundamentalist smokers is "interesting".
Darth to Skywalker: "Luke, smoke that pipe. It is its destiny!"
or
Verses from the Book of Latakia:
Pipe collectors are an abomination in the eyes of the Leaf.
Let us drive them into the wilderness to die.
Let us cast them into the fiery pot.
This is silliness.
How anyone wants to enjoy their pipes is his/her business. If I smoke some and don't smoke others that's my business. If you use yours as a rectal thermometer or a sex aid, that's yours.

I've always been a little shocked at this. (hands on hips finger waggin') We used to have a lot more folks that would show off these amazing sculptural pipes, really beautiful pipes. And, then guys would drive them away with this extremist, you gotta smoke to play here attitude. Now, it looks like a lot of these guys who put a lot of money into our hobby (addiction, habit, whatever) get pushed away from the forums.
Come on, we're pipe smokers, not cigar smokers. We should be the welcoming creepy bunch of folks who welcomes all forms of creepiness into the fold. Besides, it really enriches our content to have these cool pipes posted, smoked or not. Besides, if it weren't for the non-smoking collectors, I'd never be able to pick up an unsmoked 1960's Castello from ebay and be the first person to smoke it. Sumt'n to thank about.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
I have six unsmoked Kaywoodies from the 30's and early 40's , one Bjarne Nielsen , one Bertram and one very early KB&B Yello-bole. I like to smoke pipes but I Love to just sit and look at them and hold them and admire them as much as I like to smoke them. My name is Gary and I a pipe collector and I am a pipe smoker. :puffpipe:

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
I have one, its a Meer I bought while deployed to Iraq back in 07. Its the skull one at the bottom in the middle. I liked the way it looked when I bought it, was unsure if it was real meer or a knock off. They were suppose to be from Turkey, I have yet to light a bowl. I planned on packing a bowl when we closed the deal on our home, that didn't happen as I was getting ready to go to SERE and deploy. I may do pack a bowl in it this year for christmas or when I change over to the Airforce. That would be the 10 year mark in my military career.

This is an older photo I got to help keep track as my collection grows. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.