PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
🤖s 😳…you mean that some of our members here are robots??? 😱

🤖s if you’re listening do what you will with our tobacco supply…just please leave “me” alone to enjoy what I have.

Good thing most of what I enjoy is easily attainable…at least for now. 😉 ☕

1708440829906.gif

Reactions: sham

Hutch Piper

(Hutch1904)
Mar 12, 2022
Charlotte, NC
I don’t get to smoke a whole lot so maybe 1-2 pounds a year. I have a wide cellar and I’m still figuring out what I really like so I don’t get low on anything. If I do I just buy more if I like the blend. My tastes tend to fluctuate with the seasons. Right now I am enjoying a lot of C&D Pegasus and have about 8oz on hand. I also really enjoy GH Best Brown 2 and probably have another 8oz of that socked away.

Reactions: Leomania

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Too many to mention individually. I smoke about 4 bowls a week, and I think I have just enough to last me a few decades without buying anything else.

Approximate breakdown of current smoking choices would be about 70% Virginia blends (straight and Virginia-forward), 20% burley, 10% aromatic and misc. My cellar roughly mirrors that.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
I'm unsure of how many pounds exactly. I smoke 3-4 small-med bowls a day on average. I think it's somewhere around 4-5 lbs a year. I guess I could weigh a bowl with and without the tobacco but meh.

Reactions: Leomania

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I smoke an average of 4 bowls per week
I am currently 71 yo
8 lbs will see me out 😁
8 pounds of what?
I don’t cellar deeply.
I like mixing up my smokes and seldom smoke any blend back-to-back.
Unless I’m doing a comparison

I rarely buy more than 1 or 2 tins of anything
I do have a lot of blends open at any one time

I doubt that I have 8lbs of unopened tins/pouches stashed away

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
IMG_3486.jpegIMG_3488.jpeg
I had my scale handy after weighing mushrooms I foraged and I’ve never done the math on this so I figured what the hell.

Most of my pipes are around the same size as this Tekin. 1.2-1.4in x .7-.8in. Looks like one bowl is roughly 2g. I usually smoke 3-4 bowls a day (as I learned from the tedious process of counting bowls for a month in this meer which I will never do again) so I estimated 3.5.

I guess the number for me is 5.5-6 lbs a year, which is actually good to know.

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
I smoke around 4 bowls a day now a days. But I smoke everything, and I have well over 100 blends. So it takes me a while to go through 1 tin. Even a blend I love I don't smoke it everyday so it last too. Maybe someday Ill narrow it down and buy by the pound, but for now I find something interesting in almost any blend. Except Bacon Old Fashioned, it should only be lit to keep the coals in hell hot.

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
I smoke between 2 and 3 lbs a year. I'm stocked up for the next 15 years or so, at least at my current rate of smoking. Outside of a couple random tins I've spotted in the wild, I haven't bought tobacco in about 2.5 years. Hopefully in the next six months or so I'll buy some serious weight in the handful of blends I smoke regularly, and be done with it, minus the occasional impulse buy or if I see something in a store that I can't get online.

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
I smoke between 2 and 3 lbs a year. I'm stocked up for the next 15 years or so, at least at my current rate of smoking. Outside of a couple random tins I've spotted in the wild, I haven't bought tobacco in about 2.5 years. Hopefully in the next six months or so I'll buy some serious weight in the handful of blends I smoke regularly, and be done with it, minus the occasional impulse buy or if I see something in a store that I can't get online.