SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 27, 2020
when I was in high school we had a film making class I took and one of our films was me interviewing random people. One of our questions was how often do you masticate during an average day. Apparently most people don't. The two best responses one person asked what mastication was. One girl knew what it was and gave an accurate answer that she did a great job of making sound dirty.

Was it a catholic school?

Jshogan2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2019
SC
Have only had a couple two bowl days in my life. Usually just one bowl.

Have never dipped.

DotAndBang’sPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
I smoke 1-2 bowls each night, if I'm lucky. If I have enough free time, I'll smoke 3 bowls in a night. Like others have mentioned here, more than 3 bowls in a day gives me some mouth fatigue and I regret it the next day. But then I smoke a pipe anyway... Sometimes, after three bowls in a night, I'll choose a filter pipe, and that seems to help my mouth fatigue.

PipeDad33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2020
Kansas
Being new to pipe smoking and excited to get my pipe broke in probably 3-5 bowls a day. When I get my orders in I am sure it will dramatically increase due to so many blends I have chosen.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I have no idea. I guess from when I wake until before I go to bed. Plug and Twist burns a lot slower than tinned tobacco in my opinion so I guess it depends on how stressed I get during the day. Now if you are Jim Inks that is an entirely different matter!

Reactions: JOHN72 and chopper

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
I find myself smoking much more often these days. Partly because of boredom and covid, and partly because I feel like my palate has made another step up and it's been hard not to think about smoking my pipe.

Reactions: JOHN72 and chopper

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Been cutting down lately. Just too cold to brave the weather. Actually skipped couple of days last week. Cold by itself isn't so bad, but cold and rain really sucks.

Reactions: chopper

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
"One bowl a day"?
"Mouth fatigue"?
"Not allowed to smoke inside"??? [Anyone try and tell me I can't smoke in my own home . . . Bitch please]

*scratches head*

How many bowls I smoke in a day depends entirely on my activities.
To be honest I don't count them.
I'm not a clencher so on the odd day when I'm driving a truck I smoke far fewer than lazy days sitting behind the laptop.

Jul 15, 2011
Recently, one with my morning tea, a couple throughout the day if I have the day off, and then one in the evening after work.

sisyphus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 11, 2019
my palate can take about 4, spaced out through the day
a bowl of burley with coffee, another after lunch, a bowl of Va after dinner which takes a couple hours to get through, and a nightcap of something strong in a small bowl shape

Reactions: NomadOrb and JOHN72