PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ghosted Tamper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2023
South West, US
I believe I had roughly 20 boxes/Mason jar trays of various size and shape, with upwards of 20-30ish different blends per box when I took inventory a year or two ago now.

Since then, I've added at least double to what I had and cellared deeper on the blends that I've enjoyed enough to do so. At this rate, I'd probably never need to pick up a tin of anything else and be able to curb any exploratory stint from my standard smoking rotational blends for at least the next 15-20 years. In other words, too dang many to give a hoot about just how many.

Reactions: FLDRD and dcon

Jmango

Lurker
Jun 28, 2022
173 blends currently in my closet climate-controlled cellar. I’m one of those dweebs who keeps a spreadsheet.
I get you man. I really get you. Excel tracking here for me as well...

174 blends and /or sub blend variants. No less than 10 sealed units of each, but some favorites run very deep (40+). I've learned that pandemic lockdown and a fast internet connection was a spectacularly fertile environment for the collector bug thrive...

Here is a pic of the storage cabinet I built that I swore I'd never outgrow to house the collection... Below that is the overflow from said cabinet. These pics were about a year ago - a lot has changed as I've not taken a recent picture. I should've collected stamps instead...

IMG_8197.jpeg

IMG_4983.jpeg

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
I have always been a proponent of variety. I have not done a count in over 2 years. At that time is was at 425. I have not acquired much since then. I am still tempted to add untried blends but, I (and my wife) have determined that, my stash will long out live me.

Reactions: sardonicus87

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Presently, I have about 100 different blends in my stock with very few duplicate tins of things. I'm not purposely cellaring them though or trying to squirrel them away. I'll get to them eventually. And I am sure one or two will end up being offensive enough to my palate to be tossed, while many more I might enjoy, but aren't going to be top-tier enough to remain regular purchases.

I just happened to have the money when a bunch of stuff was on sale and loaded up on a lot I was curious to try.

Wishing I had time enough for more than one bowl a day.

Reactions: FLDRD and dcon