PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
Just 2....some Marlin Flake for my sweet fix in the morning and some Private Stock to help me Anglify the evening.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Dozens, in jars.
Some are large amounts I bought in bulk and (try to) keep sealed for aging.
Some are bulks I have yet to try.
Some are leftovers from tins that I opened and got tired of or didn't like but retun to for another go from time to time. I can't bring myself to throw out tobbaco.
Three or four are blends I am actively smoking. Right now it is escudo, university flake, sam gawith navy flake, and marlin flake.

beezer

Jul 12, 2013
I've got around 15-20 tins opened that are jarred up. My smoking ritual begins with first determining which type of baccy I want to smoke (i.e. virginia, english, burley, etc) and once I've got the appropriate pipe in hand I then select the specific blend I want to fire up.
Last night I wanted a virginia with perique, so I grabbed my dedicated pipe for virginia blends and went on to select Stokkebye Luxury Bulls Eye -- which was fantastic! Really hit the spot last night.
15-20...variety is the spice of life.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
One at a time, least I get lost in the decimating of the nuances of each blend while slow smoking my Dr. Grabow pipe.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
http://www.tobaccocellar.com

For those that were interested in what I was using, this is the site that keeps track of opened and cellared tobacco.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
Not the easiest when you have to add a tobacco not in their database, but luckily they have most of them

vlodko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2013
Ukraine
2, sometimes 3. One aromatic and one... more practical: English mixtures or things like this :)

Mar 1, 2014
All of them.

Most in jars, a few tins, a few samples in bags, but all of them.

I was avoiding this thread after reading of someone else being looked down upon for having never finished a tin, but it looks like I'm in good company.

If I smoke all my samples equally at my current average pace right now, I won't finish a tin until the year 2031.

Jul 15, 2011
Tins? At any given time, maybe 2. I like to focus on one tin at a time to really get to know the flavor of a blend. Bulk? Again, I generally only have 4 to 5 jars I dip into at any given time. I've got my regular rotation pretty well nailed down and really don't venture out too much.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
My previously posted 7 just went up by one as I just popped open a tin of Bob's Chocolate Flake. :puffy:

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
I really appreciate seeing the variation here. When I open a 50g time I split it into 2 very small (125ml) mason jars. One for smoke now and one for the cellar/ smoke soon. I currently have 8 small jars in my rotation. If I had more unopened tins in the house you can be sure this number would be higher!

Status
Not open for further replies.