PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
Got to agree wholeheartedly with jules here. These pictures don't make a shite sight of difference. At first they were a novelty, but I don't even notice them. I couldn't tell you what's on the back of the packet that's six feet away from me that I bought this morning.
I like the floppy cigarette-cock image though, that one always makes me chuckle.

southpipe

Lurker
Jun 8, 2015
New Zealand
photo4-600x600.jpg

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
What's so funny is all this is being done in the name of public health when in reality it's all about setting up justification for increased taxes on tobacco products. "we're just trying to discourage the public from something dangerous." and all the while the coffers keep filling with the tobacco tax dollars. It's such a sham. If you doubt it, just watch pot. It clearly isn't good for you either but how many states are now considering legalization? Why, because there is are tax dollars to be had. Public health my butt!

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
It's such a sham. If you doubt it, just watch pot. It clearly isn't good for you either but how many states are now considering legalization? Why, because there is are tax dollars to be had. Public health my butt!
It's even more than that. It's all about what's politically favored or not. There are plenty of lifestyle choices that entail risky behavior but the politically favored ones will get a free pass on the true cost to the public for their risky behavior.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Soft tyranny.....And these zombies complain about not having enough jobs, they herd together and force jobs to be lost via propaganda and fascism. :crazy:

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
There will be serious social penalties to pay with regard to legalizing marijuana. And, the taxes won't be able to keep up with it.
Countries can't stay great forever, the people get needy, or lazy and soft, then the country goes into decline. It's the natural order of things, can't change human nature.

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
I recall some of my buddies bringing these back duty free from abroad. They were not phased by the pictures and treated them almost like trading cards. They didn't actually trade them, but would look over which packs the other person got in their carton to see if there were any new ones they hadn't seen yet.
Edit: Post not intended to condone that behavior/mentality; intent was to speak towards how ineffective the pictures were.

southpipe

Lurker
Jun 8, 2015
New Zealand
Baffles me how they can lump pipe blends in with commercial cigarettes......it's like banning 25yr old single malt scotch just because the frat boys do beer-bombs every Friday.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
That is very true and the powers to be aren't going to be open about the differences. There is a campaign out there with the objective of a tobacco free America and they are zealots. Which translates into "anything we need to do". Brace yourself it will only get worse and don't expect fair play!!!

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”
― C.S. Lewis

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Isn't it nice that even at the age of 54 I need our wonderful "Imperial Federal Government" telling me I need a "Mommy" to tell me what I don't need to do.. Nice way to waste my tax dollars.
No-No-No brother, they are not spending your tax dollars. There making another business spend IT's dollars doing what the"THEY"

want done. They are spending your tax dollars enforcing it.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive........

absolutely, Seacaptain.

Status
Not open for further replies.