Hello from the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulaBeans

Lurker
Feb 16, 2024
Buladean, North Carolina
“Saying you're guilty of swinging a fly to unsuspecting.... makes it sound like a code for something else. The Blue Ridge mountains seem like a nice place to light a pipe. I know the mountains up in PA are great for that.”
Yeah. It’s code Blue-line fly fishing which has been my first love for many, many years.

I was fortunate last summer to spend several weeks doing a job in WV around the Seneca Rock area in between Petersburg and Franklin area along the Allegheny front. It was pretty country. I had hope to fly fish for trout there but didn’t get to.

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
Hello and welcome from West Virginia. If you have a Golden Retriever then I like you already. I live in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia and only about an hour from Seneca Rocks. West Virginia is a beautiful State that has many wonderful areas for fishing.

Reactions: BulaBeans

BulaBeans

Lurker
Feb 16, 2024
Buladean, North Carolina
Hello and welcome from West Virginia. If you have a Golden Retriever then I like you already. I live in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia and only about an hour from Seneca Rocks. West Virginia is a beautiful State that has many wonderful areas for fishing.
Golden are the best! I love that part of the state. It was drier than I thought it would be. And that Allegheny front! Oh my! Almost as pretty as where I live—but I’m a little biased.

Attachments

• IMG_7346.jpeg
    IMG_7346.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: WVOldFart
Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
Stupid fact: Lewis & Clark visited this area as well on the Mississippi river. Wisconsin was an important connection from the Great Lakes to the Mississippi and Gulf before roads. I live 20 miles from Portage, so named because the rivers cross moving North (Fox ending in Green Bay) and South (Wisconsin ending in the Mississippi at Prairie du Chien) allowing a traveler to portage their canoe or goods across the ~2 mile barrier.

Welcome winter Stream.jpg

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
G'morning all. Joining in on all the fun.

A bit about me: I've been a briar-lover and smoker for 10 years now. Also known to partake of (not necessarily in this order) a fine bourbon or a single malt with a pint of Guiness. I'm also guilty of swinging a fly to unsuspecting Southern Appalachian Brookies when the occasion occurs. And I love early American colonial history (some of my family were some of the earliest to settle in Massachusetts, and I have an ancestor who gave maps to the Lewis & Clark expedition of the Upper Missouri). I live in the Blue Ridge mountains of North Carolina, which I enjoy hiking immensely along with my wife and my Golden Retriever, River.

Nice to meet everyone. :coffee:
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

gkunkel

Might Stick Around
Mar 18, 2014
G'morning all. Joining in on all the fun.

A bit about me: I've been a briar-lover and smoker for 10 years now. Also known to partake of (not necessarily in this order) a fine bourbon or a single malt with a pint of Guiness. I'm also guilty of swinging a fly to unsuspecting Southern Appalachian Brookies when the occasion occurs. And I love early American colonial history (some of my family were some of the earliest to settle in Massachusetts, and I have an ancestor who gave maps to the Lewis & Clark expedition of the Upper Missouri). I live in the Blue Ridge mountains of North Carolina, which I enjoy hiking immensely along with my wife and my Golden Retriever, River.

Nice to meet everyone. :coffee:
Welcome from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia!

Status
Not open for further replies.