PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Welcome aboard from central N.C. Are you on the coast where you see orcas? I've seen humpbacks and gray whales off Massachusetts, tiger sharks at Midway Island, and hammerheads off the shores of Vietnam, but never an orca.
Yes we see orcas (but not from my house). But I can see Canada from my house!

Reactions: mso489

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Welcome from Virginia
Thank you! I very much enjoy Virginias, and recently discovered Virgina Flake. Yum! Would love to get more 3 year matured virginia (a Dunhill blend) but not available right now. Love any suggestions for what would be an available replacement for that!

Reactions: MattRVA

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Welcome from Durham in the UK. I only smoke once or twice a week and there are many members similar to me. You will feel at home here.
Thank you! My wife is from teh UK and her father was from Durham and was a Durham County Cricket Club fan. I even have an engraved whisky glass set from DCCC. :)

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Welcome from just across the water in Nooksack, WA! If you're an outdoor pipe smoker we've had the best October for it that I've ever seen, hope you've been enjoying it as much as I have.
Thank you! And no kidding! Outside in the screen porch every night last week and this reacquainting myself with my pipes. This morning was the worst day this year for smoke from fires, but not bad right now. You gettin much smoke?

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Hi and welcome Scottmi from northern Colorado.

View attachment 175637
Thank you! How far north? I looked at UC Boulder for college back then, and had a fantastic night at a party where we had run out the back when the police showed up! ;-) Beautiful place, loved the Flatirons! (Ended up staying local with Univ of Washington.) What mountain are you featuring here?