PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jdowney

Lurker
Jul 4, 2023
Getting back into pipes after many years. Can't find the one I mostly smoked, but I found some of the others - all belonged to my grandfather who died decades before I was born (car accident, in the days when there were no seatbelts).

Being a bit of a cheapskate, I'm working on making a little pipe out of some cherry scrap I have around. It's not quite burl, but it's nice and dense so might make a decent pipe. If not, it will smell good burning out at least :D I'll post some pics when I'm further along. One day maybe I'll find some briar blanks and make a real pipe, for now I'm just screwing around and using what I have and cheap stems from Amazon.

And man has tobacco gotten hard to find since last time I bought any! Small city, no one seems to carry it. All the smoke shops seem to have closed and now there's nothing but vape shops and the Walgreens or super market. They have cheap cigars, but no pipe tobacco that I've seen. Going to have to mail order some I guess, or make a trip down to the big city.

retrogrouch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 16, 2017
Welcome from Oklahoma. I recently moved from New Mexico. I don't know where you are located but Albuquerque has Monte's and Stag. Stag has house blends and both places have good selections of tobacco.