30 Fresh Brigham Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
Save up $100, choose tobacco online, free shipping. Easy as it gets. Reading about other countries (i.e. Australia) I feel lucky to be in the USA even though the laws and taxes still suck.

Welcome cartoon.jpeg

jdowney

Lurker
Jul 4, 2023
Welcome from Oklahoma. I recently moved from New Mexico. I don't know where you are located but Albuquerque has Monte's and Stag. Stag has house blends and both places have good selections of tobacco.
I'm outside Alamogordo. We used to have a good cigar shop here and she carried a bit of pipe tobacco too, but the pandemic did that shop in.

I've seen that there are good looking shops in Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Las Cruces. I had to spend last weekend in Socorro, and tried to work in a trip to Albuquerque on the way up but circumstances intervened and got me running behind.

Reactions: retrogrouch

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Come up to Ruidoso and go to Turkeyfoot Pipeworks and see Billy. Great pipe shop and lots of good tobacco. He also makes his own pipes. Tell him Doug told you to come see him. Easy drive from Alamo.

Dajo

Might Stick Around
Jun 14, 2023
Dothan, Alabama
Getting back into pipes after many years. Can't find the one I mostly smoked, but I found some of the others - all belonged to my grandfather who died decades before I was born (car accident, in the days when there were no seatbelts).

Being a bit of a cheapskate, I'm working on making a little pipe out of some cherry scrap I have around. It's not quite burl, but it's nice and dense so might make a decent pipe. If not, it will smell good burning out at least :D I'll post some pics when I'm further along. One day maybe I'll find some briar blanks and make a real pipe, for now I'm just screwing around and using what I have and cheap stems from Amazon.

And man has tobacco gotten hard to find since last time I bought any! Small city, no one seems to carry it. All the smoke shops seem to have closed and now there's nothing but vape shops and the Walgreens or super market. They have cheap cigars, but no pipe tobacco that I've seen. Going to have to mail order some I guess, or make a trip down to the big city.
Welcome from southern Alabama.