PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Just started my pipe smoking journey. Never smoked pipes before, but I have smoked cigars infrequently over the years. I bought two corn cob pipes from Missouri Meerschaum. For tobacco, I searched youtube and some forums for good blends to start with. Ended up picking Amphora Original Blend, Chelsea Morning, Low Country Edisto, and Mac Baren Vanilla Cream. Wanted to gauge the forums thoughts on any blends that I should try as a newcomer or if I should use something other than a corn cob.
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
Hello and welcome from South Texas!

If you're looking to try different pipe tobaccos, I suggest you visit your local tobacco shops in your area to get familiar with the blends and they might reccomend a few tins or their own blends for you to try. One of the tobacco shops in my area, the owner lets you fill your pipe for free so you can enjoy and figure out what you like. Hope this helps.

Reactions: anotherbob

bpinkstaff

Might Stick Around
Apr 2, 2024
Rockton, il
Welcome! From, Highlands Ranch, Colorado.
I personally really like the Cult - Blood Red Moon blend... it is a cherry/vanilla with a hint of chocolate! Think, chocolate covered cherries.
Tobacco: Burley, Cavendish
Style: Aromatic
Room Note: 3 - Balanced
However, it currently can be difficult to find.
Here is a link, as they currently have it in-stock:

Let us know what you choose, and your smokey impressions.
Cheers!
I like the cult as well

Status
Not open for further replies.