PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

DLow

Lurker
Dec 14, 2023
Hi all. Quick introduction that gets long. Name is Tom, 57 and just started smoking a pipe a week ago.

It all started when a friend of mine sent me some tobacco that he smoked and I loved the smell. I went out to the local tobacco shop and bought a plastic pipe with a metal bowl. (All they had) I wanted to try smoking a pipe with my friend's tobacco. Even in that crap plastic pipe, I loved the taste.

Next day I ran out and got a real Briarwood pipe (KSI pipe, $50) 2 pouches of cherry Cavendish, Borkum Riff and Captain Black.

Went home packed a bowl and fell in love.

I am a cigarette smoker. I smoke a pipe and good for a few hours and then looking to have another pipe. This tells me that I can wait more time in-between pipes then I can with cigarettes. As a life long coffin nail smoker, I am struggling to quit them. Hopefully the pipe is the answer.

Now reading all about pipe smoking, you have to let your pipe rest. Now with this all being said, and how much I enjoy the pipe I went all in and spent my grandkids Christmas money on pipes lol 😆

I am hooked. Now here is a question for you all. Is it real bad to smoke a pipe all day then let it rest a week? Use 1 pipe a day and rotate the next day to another pipe? Yes, I bought 8 pipes within a week of starting to smoke a pipe. Even got me a few churchwarden pipes.

Long enough. Look forward to chatting with you all.
Tom
Hello from Nashville

OneXBigTom

Lurker
Dec 18, 2023
Lamar, South Carolina
Welcome from W NY Snow is falling, taxes are rising.
I hear you. I come from a 5 generation family of New Yorkers. Catskills region. My step Mom still lives in Lake George, Balton Landing. Taxes and politics drove me and my family out a few years ago and we landed in the free state of South Carolina. I do miss the snow at times. Times like now, holiday and hunting season.

Thank you again all for the welcome.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hi all. Quick introduction that gets long. Name is Tom, 57 and just started smoking a pipe a week ago.

It all started when a friend of mine sent me some tobacco that he smoked and I loved the smell. I went out to the local tobacco shop and bought a plastic pipe with a metal bowl. (All they had) I wanted to try smoking a pipe with my friend's tobacco. Even in that crap plastic pipe, I loved the taste.

Next day I ran out and got a real Briarwood pipe (KSI pipe, $50) 2 pouches of cherry Cavendish, Borkum Riff and Captain Black.

Went home packed a bowl and fell in love.

I am a cigarette smoker. I smoke a pipe and good for a few hours and then looking to have another pipe. This tells me that I can wait more time in-between pipes then I can with cigarettes. As a life long coffin nail smoker, I am struggling to quit them. Hopefully the pipe is the answer.

Now reading all about pipe smoking, you have to let your pipe rest. Now with this all being said, and how much I enjoy the pipe I went all in and spent my grandkids Christmas money on pipes lol 😆

I am hooked. Now here is a question for you all. Is it real bad to smoke a pipe all day then let it rest a week? Use 1 pipe a day and rotate the next day to another pipe? Yes, I bought 8 pipes within a week of starting to smoke a pipe. Even got me a few churchwarden pipes.

Long enough. Look forward to chatting with you all.
Tom
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!