PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I hear you. I have regressed in PS: I can't do stuff I used to do years ago, as I didn't use PS for some years, and then they changed some of the modules, or I forgot how to get to them!

slowroll

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 25, 2017
Although one can't really tell from a couple of smokes, it does happen that even a great pipemaker gets a bum block of briar. No way to tell until it's smoked. Maybe the local fauna used the bush for a latrine.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
I cleaned the pipe really well, it was dirty. I also notice with this and another estate pipe, there appeared to be a wax on it. What are your feelings on waxing a pipe... I don't think I like it.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
May I ask Sir, what do you produce?
Matte paintings for live action, animation background paintings, illustrations, etc. I also used to shoot the photographic live action plates for my matte paintings, shot reference photos, photographic plates for use in some of the VFX sequences in film I worked on, and for a while I was a stringer.
I teach Photoshop to people in my industry, and many, many years ago, when Adobe's internet presence was nothing more than a bulletin board, I was one of their Photoshop "gurus", who helped users with the program and was also a beta tester.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
You’ve answered your own question. It’s a Stanwell. I’m very happy with all my Stanwell’s. Even my Brush Brown Italian made Stanwell is a great burner.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Perhaps I need to learn how to have more patience, or lower my expectations

Not so much lower your expectations, but manage them 'realistically'.

Patience is essential, of course.

The same goes with your enjoyment of a 'new' blend. One or two bowls shouldn't be your 'final exam'.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some lower priced pipes smoke extremely well, and the more experience you have with pipe, the higher the probability is you can identify them, although anyone can pull the short straw on pipes expensive or not. Most pipes smoke pretty well, and many smoke much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.