PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Well yeah I assumed there would be something to represent our crew here. PM logo or something that we all agree upon. This way the pipe will promo PM, Storient and our fine fine group.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Sounds like we could get it narrowed down to a smooth bent shape
+1 on that summary.
Barkar,
My suggestion would be to work with Mr. Storient to get perhaps 2 shapes, apple and billiard or something, smooth, 1/2 bent, with "PM 2012" carved in them. See what they would cost. Based on the responses, perhaps 20 in each shape for a total of 40 PM limited edition 2012 pipes. If Mr. Storient can get those at a reduced price, perhaps we have a new tradition of the first annual PM collectors pipe.
First come, first serve kinda basis. When they're gone, they're gone.
Just an idea... I'll go back to lurking in my corner now :puffpipe:

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I didn't put my choices in yet but I'd rather see something with some depth and outside wall area to put the logo on, so I'm going with #6 or #19
Just my 2 worthless cents

wonky

Lurker
Nov 26, 2011
Columbia, MO
I would be interested in this as well... But I will go out of the norm and nominate 16, 17, 42 or 43. A limited edition should be a different type of pipe in my opinion - and these shapes I have the least of.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Hmmm... Kevin has swayed from his business model and allowed PM or PM Forums to be put on a pipe?
Someone call the authorities. Kevin has been kidnapped and replaced with an alien imposter!!! :mrgreen:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Ok, if it's going to be some kind of limited edition then it makes sense to me...I'm in. My vote is for #39, freehand.
EDIT: Or 2nd choice would be #23, Calabash. But whatever the majority wants is ok with me.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
getting a consensus on a shape will be like trying to get everyone to agree who's smartest
See.. that's going to be the issue. From professional experience, it's easier to put something out there as a proposal and let people react instead of trying out of the blue try to build a consensus of "What do you want".
I would let the "powers that be", which is probably Storient, Barkar (since it was his idea) and our fearless leader Kevin (since his logo is going on it), decide on the most appropriate shape (or two) from the perspective of

1) It needs to be special

2) It needs to have room for the logo

3) It needs to be able to be produced in a larger quantity

4) Maybe a couple of conditions such as "Price can only be met once we have 20 people sign-up" and "Maximum of xx pipes in each shape".
Then set a price, let people sign-up. Once the minimum is reached, it can be produced. Once the maximum is reached... well... you snooze you loose ;-)
Et voila... a PipesMagazine.com Pipe of the Year...

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I would also suggest the logo should be PM Forums 2012 (as Kevin suggested) rather than just PM 2012, because this is entirely a forums members generated project.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
I am in..... just gonna lurk till we decide on a shape. I agree with Hobie in that my only requirement would be that the bowl is wide and deep.........

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I'll probaby be in on this regardless of shape. I do like the Poker and Cherrywood shapes, because they are different, but I think somemone just needs to choose a couple and we go from there.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
The most popular shapes are;

30, 17, @ 3 votes each

4, 5, 16, 25, @ 2 votes each
the rest are 1 vote or didn't care about shape.
Price 100.00 plus 19.00 cover shipping and adding PM identification
A special link will be added on their web site for those interested.
So it looks like 30, 17, for sure and storient can pick the other 2 from 4, 5, 16, or 25 and explain how to order online
most popular stems are 1/2 bent and quarter bent
Thanks for participating.
Barkar

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I'll have to say again I think it's going to be tough to get a PM logo and date on a pipe that is very small like

#30.
#17 Poker on the other hand has a good size bowl, fulfills the bent stem suggestion made by many, and has some surface area on it to put a logo on.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Well if we're voting now 23,24,33,43 are my choices it should be unique! Also if we're voting maybe an official voting thread should be made? Not everyone is going to read this thread in its entirty and know to vote.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
I started the thread and explained very clearly what was to take place...if you want to stgart your own thread feel free otherwise the format is already in place unless storient chooses to provide more options himself. Otherwise I have completed my discussion with him.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
We've got 2 votes for #39, Freehand...is there a 3rd??? A 4th??? Anyone??? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.