PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Home Brewing Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Prohibition Spirits and Cigars would welcome us. They just require a purchase of some sort. He said they do carry pipes and pipe tobacco as well. So there's an option.

Reactions: SBC

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Prohibition Spirits and Cigars would welcome us. They just require a purchase of some sort. He said they do carry pipes and pipe tobacco as well. So there's an option.
Excellent. Thanks for checking.

I see that they're open till midnight on Fridays and Saturdays.

A Friday night might be tough for guys who have to drive far after work. I expect that a Saturday might be better attended (although I myself happen to work Saturdays and couldn't get there till 6:00 or so).

Anybody object to a Saturday night at this location?

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
I get down that way on Sundays somewhat regularly, and we have quite a contingent in that SE corner, so yes if ya'll down there ever plan something for a Sunday, let me know and I may be able to join you.
In the SE corner The Milwaukee Pipe Club meets every Sunday around 4pm in Oak Grove and is awesome.

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
I’m originally from Chicago, when I became a cheesehead 12 years ago for work , I was shocked by how far people would drive for a supper club, or kids sport activities , etc . So meeting up in Appleton or Green Bay is nothing …. Set a date and choose the place , I’m there , except March 2

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I’m originally from Chicago, when I became a cheesehead 12 years ago for work , I was shocked by how far people would drive for a supper club, or kids sport activities , etc . So meeting up in Appleton or Green Bay is nothing …. Set a date and choose the place , I’m there , except March 2

Yeah I moved away to Eastern PA for a decade and then moved back here a few years ago. In PA I grew accustomed to planning at least 2 minutes per mile (rather than less than a minute per mile as I now plan along 141), but regardless of that the culture there held a different mindset as to what duration of driving would be accepted under what circumstances. E.g. a 2 hr. drive to Scranton was considered a serious undertaking, planned well in advance for a day off, for some rare and important reason. Whereas here in the Northwoods people think nothing of making a last-minute 2 hr. run down to Appleton if they find themselves with nothing to do one afternoon.

Anyway, did anybody have a preferred Saturday night for this?

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I've heard from a couple participants, and have narrowed down our initial date options to:
  1. Feb. 24
  2. March 9
  3. March 23
This would be at the aforementioned Prohobition Spirits & Cigars in GB, starting at 6:00 PM.

If anybody in the Central & NE contingents has a preference among these -- or doesn't -- please say so (I myself have no preference among these three), so that I can declare one of these, call the shop about it, put out an invite to those further afield, etc.

Thanks!

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Thanks for your prompt feedback, Guys.

I'm going to err towards the latest of these dates, on the off-chance that greater time opens up greater opportunity for others to arrange plans to join us.

So, March 23 it is. I plan to post a new thread announcing that and inviting others, later today.

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
Thanks for your prompt feedback, Guys.

I'm going to err towards the latest of these dates, on the off-chance that greater time opens up greater opportunity for others to arrange plans to join us.

So, March 23 it is. I plan to post a new thread announcing that and inviting others, later today.
Was there a post about the Green Bay meet up at Prohibition Spirits? I missed it if there was. I still have this penciled in and was looking forward to it, but would love to hear more details. Let us know!