PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
@Home Brewing Piper is in Green Bay and @mikefu is in Appleton -- that area is in striking distance for @alan73 in Stevens Point, @Singularis in Wausau, and myself in Niagara. Is there anybody else whom I'm missing?

Let me know if there's any interest in a meetup there.

Scott
Green Bay is a reasonably minor jaunt for me for sure! But I bet the southern Wisconsin faction may be willing to travel north for a meet up. Sounds like there are quite a number of Wisconsin based folks on this forum. I’ll stay posted for any upcoming get together. ‘Twould be fun.

Reactions: SBC

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Got some work travel coming up , but if the date lands at a good time I will try to make it

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Any thoughts on dates/times?
Maybe it makes sense to figure out a venue, and then look at date/time possibilities based on that?

As a Title Town denizen, do any possibilities come to mind? We don't have to limit ourselves to GB proper -- anything out to Appleton is fair game, so far as staying central-ish to the central/NE WI members.

(Of course we'd be thrilled if members from father afrield could make the trek, too!)

Has anybody visited Appleton Cigar Co.? I've never been. I'm not a cigar guy (at all) and wouldn't necessarily prefer our pipe smoke being laced with cigar in the air, but I can deal, and it may be our best bet (apart from outdoor venues in the summer).

If everybody thinks it's a good idea, I don't mind giving them a call to inquire about a group of pipe smokers showing up. Thoughts?

Reactions: JOHN72

Home Brewing Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Maybe it makes sense to figure out a venue, and then look at date/time possibilities based on that?

As a Title Town denizen, do any possibilities come to mind? We don't have to limit ourselves to GB proper -- anything out to Appleton is fair game, so far as staying central-ish to the central/NE WI members.

(Of course we'd be thrilled if members from father afrield could make the trek, too!)

Has anybody visited Appleton Cigar Co.? I've never been. I'm not a cigar guy (at all) and wouldn't necessarily prefer our pipe smoke being laced with cigar in the air, but I can deal, and it may be our best bet (apart from outdoor venues in the summer).

If everybody thinks it's a good idea, I don't mind giving them a call to inquire about a group of pipe smokers showing up. Thoughts?
I've only been here since late October so I'm still learning the area. I'll see what I can find.

Home Brewing Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I’d checkout Prohibition Spirits & Cigar Lounge. I don’t know if they welcome pipes but it’s very nice place!

Not sure if you can smoke inside or if they have a lounge.
Edit: Sorry. Was referring to Bosse's.
I was just there last weekend. I didn't see a lounge or anything. It's a fairly small space.

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Would love to, but from Janesville it's just a bit too far. If there's ever a meet up a bit further south I'll definitely attend!

I get down that way on Sundays somewhat regularly, and we have quite a contingent in that SE corner, so yes if ya'll down there ever plan something for a Sunday, let me know and I may be able to join you.