PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
Along with my two borups I grabbed firestorm, picayune, ajs vaper. Poplar and cabbies was sold out, as well as the SG one and of course dunbar.. I've yet to try tp.com. And I was getting free shipping with the stanwells so I thought I'd piggyback some new vapers to try along with. Now it's time for yet another dozen mason jars... thanks everyone for their ten cents, I didn't expect the thread to take off like it did..

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
You'll never get a one to one match for Escudo so just smoke it on special occasions and you'll enjoy it more. Find a bulk VaPer to your tastes and experiment with the others by adding blending perique. The world of VaPers is a great ride.
Cornell & Diehl - Bayou Morning Flake

Much, much better than that other Bayou Morning IMO.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
Oh, interesting, I am a flake fan. For instance: my ex...

And thanks for putting it bluntly, I think your right. And special occasions is exactly my strategy since there's so few coins per tin. The sutliff is really good too utvjust seems unnaturally moist, mb pg, idk...

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Watch City Cigars Old Dominion, a crumble cake sold in bulk,

is sweeter than Escudo, but should appeal to most VaPer lovers.

118841_m.jpg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
but it looks like a few places do have it (Iwan Ries) but theirs is in a tin and seems to be cut.
That's not the same blend. Curly Block only comes in a long roll and is a different blend from the curly cut. jiminks says that it reminds him of the Murrays version of Dunhill Navy Rolls.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I'll throw Mac Baren's Acadian Perique into the conversation.
That's another great blend. Does it come in bulk? All I've ever seen are the tins.
I'm very fond of Esoterica Dunbar and also Dorchester. There's not much Perique in Dunbar and it tastes like there's an apricot topping on it. It's just an excellent smoke when dried to almost bone dry. I've got a fair amount of it, but it's the only Esoterica blend I might still buy.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Like chasing and sable, I too thought of HH Acadian Perique. Excellent blend that should be on every VaPer lover's short list; but I balked on the recommendation because it's such a olio of different ingredients: Burley, Cavendish, Kentucky, Oriental/Turkish, Perique, Virginia. But you gotta try it! :puffy:
As long as I'm posting again, I'll add D&R's Rimboché A.P. and S.J. to the suggestions.

tkcolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Granby, CO
The variety of quality tobacco available today makes my head spin. It will take me two years to smoke what already have open. I have 30 more blends untried in the cellar. And there is another 10 on here I'd like to try. GEEZ!
LBF, Escudo, Davidoff FM, & PH Curly Block are all very similar, and they are my favorites. LBF and Davidiff are the exact same. Every Davidoff tin I have seen is already aged. I just bought one from SP, and it dated to 2011. I see the same in B&M stores. I have Escudo ranging from fresh to 2009, and it's all good. LBF stands out as the absolute best value to me. When you get 20% off the 24oz bag from P&C, it's under $2/oz. It's the exact same as Davidoff Flake Medallions, at 1/3rd of the price. I will always have pounds in my cellar. PH Curly Block is next level good. It's so expensive, that it's an every once in a while treat for me. I've always heard Dunhill Navy Rolls is the same as Escudo, but I haven't opened any tins.
You can't go wrong with LBF. Just by the 24 oz box on sale. You won't regret it.

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
I second Luxury Bullseye Flake and I don't think it takes four years to be good. It does get better with age of course. Old Gowrie is amazing but a little pricey.

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Also, C&D Sunday Picnic and Red Carpet are both amazing. Sunday Picnic has Izmir in it also but don't let that deter you

Status
Not open for further replies.