G.L. Pease English blend recommendations.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

john19

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2021
Greece
The last two times I made starter kits for new pipe smokers, I've included GLP Westminster.

This one is kind of a Goldilocks. It’s perfectly blended. No one tobacco overpowers the other. It’s dry, smokey, and woody. It’s not too strong. It’s not overpowering. It reminds me of a campfire in the best kind of way. This blend doesn’t seem very sensitive to temperature ranges, so you can smoke it cool or hot and get a consistent flavor.

It's the only GLP English you can get in a tin by the pound. And it's called Westminster. Give it a shot!
I am between Westminster and Quiet Nights.

Reactions: Peterson314

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe

You might enjoy G. L. Pease Meridian! Meridian by GL Pease is a wonderfully balanced and sophisticated blend. It combines Cyprian Latakia with fine Virginia and small-leaf oriental tobaccos, which are expertly pressed, sliced, and formed into ribbons. Meridian is the perfect companion for a midday stroll or an afternoon tea. The description is of SP. I also enjoy it with rye whiskey! :)images.jpg

Last edited:

john19

Nov 27, 2021
Greece

You might enjoy G. L. Pease Meridian! Meridian by GL Pease is a wonderfully balanced and sophisticated blend. It combines Cyprian Latakia with fine Virginia and small-leaf oriental tobaccos, which are expertly pressed, sliced, and formed into ribbons. Meridian is the perfect companion for a midday stroll or an afternoon tea. The description is of SP. I also enjoy it with rye whiskey! :)View attachment 289021

Meridian looks like a very good blend. But, there are so many blends, you can't decide. I might flip a coin 😆!

Reactions: kcghost and JOHN72

john19

Nov 27, 2021
Greece
Have you tried it yet? I’d be interested in your thoughts.
I just placed the order. It will take days to get here. I also ordered Bengal Slices, HH Old Dark Fired, HH Burley Flake, GLP Triple Play. Maybe I'll leave Quiet Nights for later (depending on the tin date).

• Love
Reactions: AroEnglish

pepperandjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2023
West Carpathian ToodleOoh
Without experience you cannot develop your palate. Pease is a master blender, and English blends are his specialty. But you will have to verify that in smoke. At best we on the sidelines can only cheer you on.

Reactions: john19

methomp

Lurker
Sep 22, 2016
I absolutely love Westminster, and I just bought 16oz from Smoking Pipes. Smoke it all the time, and it never fails!

Reactions: john19