PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
The reason these probably didn't get snatched within the hour is due to the lack of pipe smokers from the Asian market represented on this forum.

Proof positive this forum needs a face-palm emoji. Get on this guys...this place is dangerously out of date.
Hakchuma is a totally jerk...to restore cosmic balance to this thread and return our delicate forum members to good humor I will extend for sale the same assortment of 8oz bags as the OP, plus I will add two bags each of the most elusive, beguiling and artful esoterica blends, woodbridge and hastings. Prices follow the OP's plus 5%, shipping fees are on you. Why the 5% premium? Well, how else will you know my supply is premium without paying extra?

codecreatively

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2014
Haha! :rofl:
I'm firmly in the camp of selling something for what it means to you. There are always going to be people who don't agree. There will be those like Hakchuma, those who don't care and those who think it's fair. It's like when Zuckerberg bought Instagram for a billion dollars. Some thought he was crazy, but look at it now. Say Germain doesn't want to license with the FDA to sell in the US after August 8th. You can imagine what the prices will do then.
John

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Say Germain doesn't want to license with the FDA to sell in the US after August 8th. You can imagine what the prices will do then.
They'll have till the end of the year to make that decision.
I've got about 6 lbs of Penzance, which is 6 lbs more than I'm likely to smoke, as I don't like it. But I have it to share, like I do with my pipe club, or to trade for something I do like. If Germain's decides to stop selling or manufacturing for the US, fine with me. My stuff becomes more desirable. I've got a lot of other choices for smokes.
Right now I see this as a tough time for carvers, as I expect more people will be focused on cellaring than adding more pipes, at least in the short haul.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
While people are free to ask what ever price they chose for a tobacco, and others are free to pay that absurd price if they see fit; I'm a firm believer that Stonehaven and Penzance or the two most over-rated tobacco's ever.
I enjoy Penzance, its a nice tobacco, but IMO its only worth the $35 for 8oz that I paid for it. I wouldn't even pay $49 that P&C is asking. There are to many other great tobaccos and better tobacco's to spend money on. No need to waste hours and money hunting it down. If I happen upon Penzance and I can get it for $35 then I'll purchase it like I have a couple times before, but I'm not seeking it out. As for Stonehaven... I thought it sucked! I wouldn't even pay $35 a bag for that crap. Completely over-hyped crap. I guess that's good for somebody as you don't have to worry about me trying to snag a bag of that garbage tobacco.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I used to regularly excoriate both Penzance and Stonehaven. I still don't like Penzaance, but I finally figured out hw to get Stonehaven to unlock its flavors and now enjoy it on occasion. That said, a tobacco shouldn't be as big a PITA to enjoy as is Stonhaven.

codecreatively

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2014
I just thought it wouldn't ruffle any feathers seeing as there was a thread a few posts before that sold three 2oz tins of Penzance for $50 each. I still wouldn't post negative remarks on someone else's sale thread, though. Just common courtesy. The mods can close this if they see fit, I'll just put the bags back in my cellar and hope I at least provided some comic relief for the forum. :D

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I still wouldn't post negative remarks on someone else's sale thread, though. Just common courtesy.
You're right John, I'd remove my comment if I could. I would not take down the thread though. Someone will want your stuff.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I just thought it wouldn't ruffle any feathers seeing as there was a thread a few posts before that sold three 2oz tins of Penzance for $50 each. I still wouldn't post negative remarks on someone else's sale thread, though. Just common courtesy. The mods can close this if they see fit, I'll just put the bags back in my cellar and hope I at least provided some comic relief for the forum.
Only a very tiny portion of the pipe smoking community is active on this forum. Though you didn't get any bites on here, I would recommend you contact Pipestud and put them up for consignment. They'll be sold in a jiffy.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
The reason this thread is getting so many comments and not too many interested buyers (if any) is that it's under "tobacco discussions" and should be in the "sell/swap/search" forum, don't ya think? I clicked on it thinking we were going to have a discussion about the Esoterca 8oz bags, I wasn't expecting a sales thread.

Anyway, just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.