PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Governing Dynamics. Politicians are only doing what's best for themselves, and for their fellow politicians.
I'm slower on Saturday afternoons then the rest of the week.. what are you talking about?
the cop was simply doing his job. someone pointed you out to him and I suspect that same someone would have no problem going into the school and pointing out the cop wasn't doing his job.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Wow guys, sorry I poked the hornets nest and caused such a rift. That was totally unexpected. I didn't not intend to create such a divide between forum members. However, as was pointed out so eloquently if you believe that you are going to be able to run for political office and change the current anti-smoking mentality, well you have fun with that. I believe it has swung so far in the other direction that your opinion would be neither wanted or valued. You would be black balled out of politics because majority opinion is what gets politicians elected thus the term popular vote. I do however take issue with the fact that such an out cry exists in a pro tobacco forum when frustration is expressed for an anti-smoking experiance. My "rant" was no different than the one most listened to regarding the cruise ship regulations in last weeks podcast that many agreed with. Everyone is entitled to their opinion both for and against. That is what seperates intellegent pipe smokers from the rest is our ability to see both sides, form an opinion and stand by the opinion because it was based on due consideration and fact not retoric. If my post has offended I apologize for offending however I do not apologize for my opinion or my frustration. Continue to come to the defence of everyone elses rights and soon you will have none of your own. And just for the record I am one of the few in this country who have written a blank check to my country up to and including my life. I believe that entitles me to my opinion.
Thus endeth the sermon (wink)
Cheers
-Rob

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
You are entitled to your opinion, in this country, whether or not you have served in the military. Period.
But when you voice your opinion in a public forum, you are liable to get a wide variety of responses,simply because everyone is entitled to their opinion. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.