PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Well I have been going back over my records and it looks like we have been able to give away over 150 pipes. I'm not sure of the exact number but it is at least that many. Thanks to everyone who has donated. And not just pipes. We have gifted many pounds of tobacco, tampers, racks, magazines, tobacco pouches, t-shirts, filters, lighters, and pipe pouches. I have a bunch of refurbs to do for a customer and then I'm going to start a big batch of estates to give away.

jmagen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2016
I would love to get in on this new smoker thing. I've got one pipe now, a Dr. Grabow, but I have tried a few tobaccos so far. My wife just had our 4th child this August, and the family finances are still reeling, thus I can't justify buying all the pipes I'd like. In exchange for whatever charity can be offered here, I have one unopened can (and one can I took 3 bowls out of!) of Drew Estate Heirloom Cherry Jam, as well as a 99.5% full pouch of Amphora "full aroma" that I'm more than willing to donate to this project (should anyone want those!). This site has been a great source of information.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Welcome jmagen, please take some time and read through the entire FPP thread, participate in the discussion in the forum and as you build some posts you will be added to the list.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I'll leave that offer out there to any takers. It would make more sense for you to just send that out to someone directly then to me. Thanks for offering it.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
Jmagen: hit the "Official FREE Pay It Forward Thread" with any stuff youcwant to give away.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/official-free-pay-it-forward-thread/page/6

jmagen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2016
Man, I've just finished reading this whole thread. I don't think I've never read an entire thread on a message board. I'm astonished at two glaringly obvious characteristics of the FPP: the sheer volume of product gifted to the participants, and the lack of pics posted. Good gracious man.

Would it be too naive to hope the recipients are too busy smoking to post pics?

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
ha!! cool, doesn't it feel like you won the lotto? man I wonder what pipes will you get and the tobacco, I bet you are excited, congrats and enjoy!!!

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
@hmhaines, Hope you get some goodies, let us know how your enjoying them in your new home, hope it's all going well

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yeah half the fun for me is seeing you guys enjoying this stuff. A big thanks to Pagan too who recently sent in some goodies for the project. HIs pipes are in the restoration pile.

parishdc

Lurker
Nov 1, 2016
What a cool idea. I greatly appreciate the information I have gained from this forum. To see the way a group pulls together to support newbies and each other is pretty awesome.

Thanks to all.

hmhaines

Sep 5, 2016
CT
Holy wow!!! My box came from David yestarday and it is incredible! Here's a shot of me with my new Medico. The stem on this guy is a neat color, and I adore the little bowl!
DSC_0036_zpsto1kix2z.jpg

There were three pipes: An Old Dominion Cob, a Jobey Flamata, and a vintage unsmoked Medico. All three are awesome, I greatly appreciate David's work and the donations made by the kind folks around this forum.

DSC_0031_zpsnxdgqhdb.jpg

David included a quartet of tobaccos, none of which I've had the pleasure of sampling before. Im particularly excited about the Vincent Manil!
DSC_0030_zpsfqwyxlpn.jpg

dithreabhach

Lurker
Dec 11, 2016
This thead is one of the reasons I'm glad that I've recently started smoking a pipe. The goodwill and friendliness of the community. I'm Bipolar 2/AnxietyAttacks/PanicAttacks as well as physical health problems (joint problems/need walking stick/angina) and have found that smoking my pipe is good therapy. I've got a Falcon at the moment but I'm saving my pennies to purchase something better. Smoking mostly Peterson Old Dublin (which I got from the friendly Cuban Cigar Club shop here in Newcastle-upon-Tyne England)

Status
Not open for further replies.