PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mihailo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2016
NW Indiana
It's a wonderful thing that this community has something like this. these sort of projects bring budding pipers like myself into the hobby easier, and in the long run benefits everyone.

beestinger1

Lurker
Jul 6, 2016
Just read through all the posts here and it shocked me. I never would have thought someone would do something like this but im amazed at this project. Ill bet u hear this all the time but Dave and everyone else who contributes u are amazing people. Im new here and new to pipe smoking just bought my first pipe a lorenzo garden red 1 i think its called and some wo larsen 1864 pipe tobacco. Hoping ill like both as here in romania i dont have that big a selection of pipes or tobacco. Dont mean to sound like a beggar but if u have any pipes or other types of tobacco that u think a beginner would appreciate please add me to your list thx in advance

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
Hello, if possible, I'd like to get on the list as well.

I've been smoking for about an year now, but living in Eastern Europe does not leave me a choice but to order

pipestuff from USA, which leaves me in a bit of an economical pinch.

Right now I own 2 briar pipes and would love to fill in my rotation

with another one as to not burn my pair out.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey guys, thanks for your interest in the project. Best way to get considered is to participate in the community here. But I have to warn you, you still have to pay the shipping when your name does come up. The pipes and tobacco and anything else I send is free but I'm not made of money either. Just a heads up.

professorwheezy

Might Stick Around
Jul 3, 2013
First off this is awesome. I haven't donated yet but do plan to. Second, a lot of people like myself are saying what a great idea but then it got me to thinking. We can all do this locally too. From my understanding at least this is sort of what local pipe clubs are about. Sharing what they have and encouraging newcomers to the hobby. I've been mulling around starting a pipe club in my area. There is a cigar club but cigars don't require the essential durable good (namely the pipe) that piping does. Anyway just thought I'd share this is a great idea and encourage those to do this on a face to face level if they can. Feel free to PM me if you have thoughts or advice on starting a local pipe club. I have read what I can out there but the biggest obstacle seems to be finding a PLACE to do it. Nicotine Nazis and Clean Air Acts have taken their toll on places to smoke.

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
This is an amazing thread and project! I'm looking to get back into pipe smoking. Took it up back in 1996 but soon after lost all my pipes, tools and everything during a move in the military. I was never able to pick it back up. Mainly because I live in a really small town and finding a store for this or even people that smoke pipes is rare. Never thought to look on the internet for other enthusiasts.
My only hurdle right now is my 'better half' shes against it. I want her to see if she likes the smell ( I remember my dad smoking when I was a kid and I loved that smell, and still do). Once I get her to agree I might take you up on this - of course if I got a free one in the mail she might just let me give it a go! lol.
Nice job again, this is amazing and I never expected to find something of this caliber during my search.
Loth

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
I meant to also say that I was only about to use my pipe for around 4 months (at the most), so I still consider myself new to it. I know nothing of the types of tobacco, pipes or anything. My only pipe was a Dr Garbro(sp?), nothing fancy and I think I got it from Wal-Mart.
Sadly I've tried every convenience store and Wal-Mart in town with no success so far.

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
Thought I would update. Finally convinced my financial adviser (that's my wife) to let me start my Pipe hobby. For the moment I only have the one Dr Grabow and about 2oz of tobacco to get started. Now that I'm officially able to smoke I would like to be added to the list - just let me know if I need to do anything special.
I understand I need to pay shipping and I have a fairly new Digital SLR camera ready to take pics! Again, thank you for this kind gesture. It really is an amazing thing you are doing. Those that have not posted pics should be ridiculed for sure by the forum population for taking advantage of a really nice and kindhearted program.
If you are unable to continue it due to the issues you have run into I will totally understand! Wishing you the best and hope your move will go/or has gone smoothly.

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
I just received my package from the FPP and I couldn't be happier! This is the nicest thing I've ever seen people do on a forum! I'm sharing my photos of everything I got and pics of me smoking the pipe. It's a shame others have not had the courtesy to follow through. I'm going to set the bar back up and I challenge everyone else to do the same.
Thank you again! This was an amazing gift and I am deeply grateful.
All the Goods!

IMG_0028_zpsrksrbztm.jpg

Side Profile

IMG_0036_zpsvhaasmn9.jpg

Front Shot

IMG_0037_zpsro5lcjfv.jpg

tonywiebe33

Lurker
Jul 28, 2016
Love this Idea Guys this project sounds amazing! New to the forum and consider myself a rookie still.I've been smoking for about a year and half now and still figuring all the tricks in proper packing and lighting lol. You guys are all so awesome and i love getting new info and learning new things. Good to see its still up and going. I hope i can one day contruibte to this project. I don't remember what my first pipe was but my second pipe is a Bare Bones series pipe by morgan pipes.
Tony your Friend from North of the Border lol

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Ok the Free Pipe Project is back in action. I just received a nice goody box from McItinner1 and have contacted a recipient. I am going to establish some new rules for the project that I hope will garner it's longevity. READ THIS TO PARTICIPATE!!! WE ARE STILL TAKING DONATIONS OF PIPES, PIPE ACCESSORIES, AND TOBACCO, THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE GIVEN!
In order to receive a box of goodies you must have read the whole thread. This will teach you the history of the project, the extreme generosity of all involved, but also what to do and what not to do. If you agree to the terms of the project which are: 1. Recipient will pay shipping costs for your items. 2. Recipient will post pics of what they got and them smoking their new pipes. 3. Will have no less than 50 posts. In the past I have sent 8-10 blends out in every box but as tobacco gets harder to aquire you may only get pipes. I will send what I can in that area. That being said I will still try to send 2 pipes in each box. I started this project to produce community on this forum as well as help new smokers. If you are interested in the project post a description of the pipes that you do currently own so that I can assess needs. Thanks for your interest! Happy Smoking!

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
I am so glad to see that the project is alive, there are some folks around here that probably are in need of a good pipe to smoke and this is the place that is willing to help, I love to look at the pictures of the people who have recived the gifts, all of the pipes i have seen are beautiful and of good quality, If you try to purchase one or two from your local b&m it will probably put a dent in your wallet, I am happy to see that these pipes are going to good homes and will get thier use of burning good tobacco.

butsiethesungo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2016
Broussard, LA
shaintiques,
I just found this post while searching the forum, and wanted to say thank you for being so generous. This is certainly appreciated by all us noobs. I tried pipe smoking 6 years ago before switching back to cigars. At the time, it just wasn't for me. Recently, I picked up my pipe and visited the local brick and mortar tobacco shop--and I'm glad that I did 8) So far I have managed to stay away from drugstore and gas station tobacco (Prince Albert, Captain Black, etc.)

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
I happend to start with captain black,i still love the pouch brand, also lane 1q is awsome too, you will find many good hearted people in the forums, take your time with the pipe and you will see why we smoke our pipes.

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
After a hard days from work, I had come to find out the my kids and their little cousins had made a mess out my house, it was like a hurricane had hit the place, the little runts look cute and i could not get mad,I just laughed, and played with them, then come to find out I had got a package from the free pipe project and it really made my day, I felt like I had won a sweepstakes, I got two pipes and a boat load of pipe tobacco, I was the happiest man alive, it has made my day. :puffpipe:
I will intent to post some pictures of my gifts.

tonywiebe33

Lurker
Jul 28, 2016
Dang Thats a nice looking Package of goodies! Enjoy the Tobacco's and the pipes. Love seeing the generosity of this group! You guys are all awesome! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.