PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mranglophile

Can't Leave
May 11, 2015
United States
Taaser - You got some good looking pipes there. I would recommend taking the coins and "rubbing them out". I would take 1-2 of the coins and rub them between you palms over a plate or tray. When the tabacoo is nice and seperated fill your pipe like you normally would. If you are new to coins or flakes that is probally the easiest. Your other choices are to try the "fold-n-stuff" or to try cube cutting them. You can find tons of info on PM and Youtube nut of course let us know if ou have any questions.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I must ask, and I'm doing it publicly--Dave, were do you find the time to handle the FPP? The packaging, the postings, the collecting, all this stuff, plus a job: how do you do it? Drugs? Slave labor?

My special package will be arriving soon, but I made an error: I cut the clay to be fired in one inch squares, forgetting that kiln fired clay shrinks about 11%. (That means my Cthulhu idol will shrink too when its fired next week!) But at least I made a lot of them this time.

BTW, Kevin, I've accidentally given McAfee some ammunition: the photos of the Cthulhu statue now appear in any Goggle search for "Cthulhu": McAfee must think we're Cthulhu loving devil worshippering pipe smokers now.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey Fred, I work it in where i can. Thankfully of late most of the pipes I have gotten in were pretty well ready to turn around and head right back out, fixing a loose stem and doing a little buffing here and there. Also Briarblues sent along a big bag of cool tobacco pouches to give out so each of the guys will get one of those till they are gone. The next batch of restorations will be heading across the pond to Andy Stewart to give away as he takes care of fellows on that side. Summer is hectic for me and I just don't get much restoration done, but as the fall semester settles in that should change. I'm happy to do this, not just so guys can get more pipes, but also expand their tobacco palates a little bit, because that is when smoking a pipe really became a passion for me. Thanks again for the tiles Fred!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Some people are probably wondering what Dave and I mean by tiles: I'm sure he'll explain when I get them to him. Meanwhile, don't any of you buy so-called humidifying "coins" for awhile.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Here is a pic of the two tubs of pipes waiting to be restored for the project. These will all eventually make it out to new homes and we're all donated by the fine gentlemen on this forum.

lamont

Lurker
May 15, 2015
Nice looking pipes but it looks like you will be busy for awhile working on them.

heetoshura

Lurker
Aug 8, 2015
This is a wonderful project!currently I only have 2 pipes myself,a corn cob and a mini hardwood,both Missouri meerschaum brand,I haven't tried many tobaccos,mostly just some aromatics picked up from a store I found,I'm looking forward to trying some different flavors and types in the future.

lamont

Lurker
May 15, 2015
Those are great pipes to start with and I like my corncob pipe for most of my tobaccos.

What flavors are you smoking?

Be sure to run a pipe cleaner through the stem into the bowl but, not to hard into the bowl. then fold the cleaner in half and wipe around the bowl to clean out the bowl a bit.

Take it nice and slow and enjoy a pipe is not to be smoked as fast a cigarette or a Cigar.
Lamont

heetoshura

Lurker
Aug 8, 2015
I currently have cherry,and peaches and cream,I had something called black cordial that was a blend of some kind but I'm not sure what exactly,I really liked it though,I mostly use my corn cob so that I can take my time and enjoy,the mini hardwood I only use of I don't have much time but I tend to get a lot of the tongue bite from it so I don't use it often at all.I need to restock on pipe cleaners,the shop I visit isn't listed in the Florida section of shops,it doesn't have much of a pipe selection but it's got a good few flavors of tobacco that are stored in jars.

lamont

Lurker
May 15, 2015
The Peaches and Cream sounds interesting. not sure why the small pipe gives you bite except you are smoking fast and you are getting more heat up the stem. Not an expert here by any means still trying to figure this all out but learning to slowdown to stop the wetness from gathering at the bottom of the bowls. I have had good luck buying bulk tobacco fromhttp://www.pipesandcigars.com but, there are many other sites out there too.
Enjoy your Pipes and The Tobacco you have at the time.

heetoshura

Lurker
Aug 8, 2015
He bite mostly cones from improper technique,I also noticed that I prefer the cooler smoke of a churchwarden so perhaps the small size of the stem is something inhave issues getting used to,I buy tobacco only a few oz at a time and don't generally get more until I'm almost out so I definitely enjoy what I have at the time,I'll definitely have to check out your link,maybe they have the black cordial in bulk,that was a wonderful blend in my opinion:) thank you for the information.

nhpro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
Kudos to everyone.

I am honored and humbled to be a part of the brotherhood.
Thanks especially to those receiving and posting the pics of you enjoying your new pipes.
Blessings to All!

lamont

Lurker
May 15, 2015
Wow oh Wow was I shocked when I got my packaged it took me a day just to get over what was in the package. I finally Chose the Seville for my first pipe I loved the color and and the bent shape she smoked great and with the meerschaum lining real cool oh yes I smoked the

Turkish Black Connoisseur for the first tobacco.
Sorry it was a couple of days latter before I got a photo with this jewel in use new to mac from PC and still learning the get arounds.
Two Pipes

Seville bent meerschaum lined and she is a beauty I do hope the pic does her justice
WenHall / Amalei Rusticated maroon briar :
this is a big deep pipe at 21mm wide by 51 mm deep wow for me that is a full hour plus if I pack her to the top with is great for the evening smoke.
One nice tobacco carrying pouch
Now for the Tobacco Cellar
Bulk Tobacco
Indian Tradition from Ted’s Pipe Shop
Turkish Black Connoisseur what a surprise wonder flavor and I had stayed away for fear of it being to strong, love it!
Briar & Burley Natural Dutch ( House Blend)
Pouch
Virginia Gold
Cherry Cavendish

Black & Gold
Now I have to tell you I love Sutliff Tobacco
Taste of Summer

Top Shelf

Blend No.5

Metropolitan

Breckinridge
I tell you words cannot express the Gratitude that I have to that to Shaintiques and those that support this work he is doing.
Thank you So Very Much Shaintiques,

Lamont
DSCF2218_zpsbaiowjtn.jpg
[/URL][/img]

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
You're not linking them correctly. I'm not sure what you're doing wrong though, so I can't really tell you how to fix it.
Me%20with%20my%20new%20seville%20smoking%20turkish%20Blk%20Connoisseur%20811215_zpswn7a6riq.jpg

lamont

Lurker
May 15, 2015
I am clicking in ING then going to photobucket clicking on IMG getting copied pasting that into the IMG window and clicking ok

Status
Not open for further replies.