PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
Watching Dagner pipes on YouTube got me interested again as well as watching other pipe videos. There are tons of videos on there where people gift tobacco and or pipes back and forth but wait to open the package until they're on video. It shows appreciation for what has been received and I feel it's great for the giver as well as the receiver. The receiver being excited to show off their new stuff and the giver being shown the joy of someone receiving the gift and enjoying it. I see it the same on here. If a gift is received at least post a pic of you enjoying the gift.
They call these "YABOS" (yet another box opening) and they are very popular with us pipe smokers. :)

jauzman

Lurker
Dec 6, 2014
Hi Gentlemen (everyone who smokes a pipe is a Gentleman)
Excellent to see all the fine work you guys are doing. I am relatively new to pipe smoking myself, only started mid November 2014. Hope to talk and learn a lot from you Fellows as I have on FaceBooks,The GPSS, Briar Nation, etc.

Happy Smokes

jauzman

Lurker
Dec 6, 2014
Howzit!

Let me introduce myself a little further!

Anyway, I'm living in Ireland, born in NY and hope to move back to South Africa in the future. Pipe smoking nearly six months. Started because I wanted to quit cigarettes and I'm nearly off them, one to three cigs a day now!

I tend to smoke a lot of Condor tobacco, as it's the best otc blend I can lay my hands on. €20 roughly for Peterson's blends, very expensive for 50g and they bite like hell. So I've had two tins in the past five months, Sweet Killarney and Sherlock Holmes. Currently I'm smoking from some Mr.Brog pipes, which I find to be fantastic smokers.

But I need Briar,a Poker,Frog Morton, Squadron Leader, Nightcap, Early Morning Pipe,etc,etc....they are all crazy prices and not for sale over here.I need some quality American tobacco, but then the cost of online postage is also crazy to Ireland. I'm dieing to try new,different flavours, especially what I see most other guys smoking. I just hope I don't burn out from smoking Condor all the time, LOL!!!

Anyway Gents and Lassies, Good Smoking to ya

kg05

Lurker
Apr 21, 2013
Hi guys, I started smoking pipes about 2 years ago, wonder if I'm consider as new. I currently owned a MM country gentleman and a London made"reject" billiard, main problem for me is the variety of tobacco available in my area. I'm from Malaysia and vendor here offer Peterson & Dunhill line of tobacco. Don't have much cash for this hobby so I just smoke 1-2 bowls per week, or sometime per month. Wish to explore different kinds of tobacco and of course an additional pipe in rotation would be much appreciate, I would be very grateful. Thanks and keep puffing :)

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Welcome to the hobby and the forum guys. I do occasionally ship overseas, but you guys would have to pay actual shipping. I don't have any pipes ready to go out right now but I will add you to the list. Be sure to participate in the community here as I only send pipes out to active members.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
This is my buddy, he recently had some tradegy and his briars got broken. I sent him a couple pipes from the FPP. Here he is smoking a poker I sent donated by pcr1.

jauzman

Lurker
Dec 6, 2014
<p>Thank You Shaintiques, it's Great to see what has been done here over the last couple of years.Sharing is truly Caring and I have never seen a better example, than here.I applaud you Gentlemen.<br />
Happy Smokes

jauzman

Lurker
Dec 6, 2014
<p>Gentlemen,<br />
If any of you are on Facebook, especially Shaintiques, please feel free to pop over to the Gentlemans Pipe Smoking Society and say hello. The more the merrier

pcr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2014
Enjoy many hours of peace with that poker. It's a dandy piece.

kg05

Lurker
Apr 21, 2013
Sure thing Shaintiques. Thanks so much for generosity and all the effort to promote this hobby. Another reason I'm attracted & enjoy this hobby, is because I found people enjoying bowl of briar tends to speak more wise and very good manners. Like gentleman did. I like it very much.

jiujitsubowl

Can't Leave
May 19, 2015
Muskegon Michigan
@shaintiques i look forward to working with you brother. As you provide this service to new guys like us, I will do the same in regards to recycling. I will donate all my future unwanted pipes to you!

lamont

Lurker
May 15, 2015
I probably will not qualify for this but think this is a great project. Pipes I own are a Svenlar from back in 1983 when I smoked a pipe and then passed it on to my Dad he did not use it so it is back to me and i started it back up again. sure missed my pipe smoking but hope not to go back to cigs.
Svenlar

corncob

and a couple of beaters, I bought off Ebay for 5 bucks a piece, one with a cracked shank that the person before glued the stem to but it still leaks.
I smoke Captain Black and Optimun from a bulk bin.
Thanks again for all that you are doing,

Lamont

shaunhartree

Lurker
May 27, 2015
Many thanks to Andystewart for sending me a package that came today, which included not one, two or three but FOUR pipes and FOUR packets of tobacco!!!

Wow really impressed with the generosity!

Trying to figure out how to post images but can't figure it out?

First smoke didn't go to well. Second attempt much better, but still have a lot to learn on packing the pipe.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Ok guys I have various pipes ready to go out, in fact i just got in a box of some real beauties from Briar Blues. I am going on vacation this week, but when I get back I will be contacting some of you on how to get some pipes. This is the 5th or 6th box of goodies Briar Blues has sent, some need some work, but some came in ready to go right back out. Pipes are a Brebbia Churchwarden and a Brebbia pocket pipe, a Savinelli extra, a Charatans make Dublin, a GBD supreme, a large Wenhall, a bent Barling, and a L'artigiana. All very nice pipes. Here is a pic of what he sent.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yeah only 2 are oxidized so I will be sending out 3 packages. I try to send each recipient 2 pipes and a selection of tobaccos. Also want to give a shout out to Dan and the guys in the box pass, they sent over some tobacco that wouldn't fit in the box anymore, so I have some nice samples to put into these boxes. I'll let you guys know in a week or so who is next on the list. And hopefully I can get tthe two that need deozidized done in the near future for shipment.

drunkblowhard

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2015
Those are great looking!
What's the make/model (that is probably not the proper lingo) of the textured one with the orange stem? It's a beauty!

Status
Not open for further replies.