PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
How long should I press it? Just clamp it down until I can tell it’s under a bit of pressure?
Check out this thread at pipe smokers den, it’s very extensive and has all the answers to any questions you may have. I personally press it down tight and each day I press it a bit more, I continue to do this for a couple of days until the knob just won’t turn any more. I’ve left tobacco in as long as a month but I’ve found that the sweet spot is about 1 week. It’s a lot of fun!

here is the thread: Noodle Press

Spavilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 6, 2020
Gulf Coast of Florida
Key Largo has these huge pieces of cigar leaf that you can roll into a little prilla (looks like moose droppings frankly) which when smoked will pop out even more intense cigar notes.
Guess I’m the only one here who doesn’t know what a “prilla” is. Thanks for the explanation that it looks like moose droppings. Only problem is this city boy has never seen moose droppings or even a moose. I did see a cow once....on a farm...on TV. (Anybody remember that PSA)?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Guess I’m the only one here who doesn’t know what a “prilla” is. Thanks for the explanation that it looks like moose droppings. Only problem is this city boy has never seen moose droppings or even a moose. I did see a cow once....on a farm...on TV. (Anybody remember that PSA)?
meant to write mouse not moose. Though that works too. A prilla is a snus term. It just means pinch. But it's and tobacco rolled and compressed into an oblong ball shape. In this case just roll the leaf into (maybe better term) a little cigar shape.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have about twenty blends open and available, so a pound can last for ... years. It is fun when they arrive though, the sense of great abundance. I guess people who smoke all day need the 5 pound bag to get that reassurance. Usually, I like a blend better after I have smoked it for a while, even if I like it well at first. I think you learn blends, and they become familiar and taste better. For example, Planta 2012, the aromatic with marula fruit was always interesting, but only lately has it become a real treat. For about two years it was just a nice change of pace. Some of my favorite blends I haven't re-ordered in years while I sample the infinite variety of the benders' art. I can't say that to jiminks, but you get the idea. (I'm not onto snus, so I didn't know what a prilla is, and my spell check doesn't know it either.)

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
I nearly got an entire pound of Briar Fox into a single large mason jar. It comes as a giant crumble cake, so I was able to cut into long blocks, with a few smaller blocks. What was left fit into to one of my daily smoke smoke small mason jars. Glad I liked it -- bought the whole pound without ever trying it, based on descriptions and reviews. Now it's a multiple daily for me.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
My next order is literally going to be just lbs of 515
Here is another one that turned out to be excellent. Kendal Dark Puck:

View attachment 41003

And by the way, I can’t take credit for this brilliant idear, @tfdickson is the man that got me started on this venture.
YOUR SN MUST BE PRONOUNCED "HOCKEY" CUZ U GOT A PUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.