PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodfellaslxa

Lurker
Mar 21, 2017
Louisiana
It starts with ounces, then your first pound, soon your walls are lined in bins of jars, pouches, and tins. Before long, your house is a "cellar," forcing you out, yet still you endeavor, evermore will you desire those aged tins which only pipestud seems to acquire.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
oh and you will find this deep in the thread I posted but I highly recommend you microwave your tobacco about 20 seconds before pressing! It gets the tobacco steamy (fair warning Match Victoria smells horrible when heated) and allows the tobaccos to press much better into a solid cake. I thought it was crazy at first but 20 seconds is just about the perfect time for 2 ounces of tobacco. Load that shit up in the noodle press while it’s still steamy and you’re going to have a nice cake in about a weeks time.

And of course I’m going to have to order the 515 stuff soon to give er a whirl. I’m a bit hesitant to order anything right now as I ordered a bunch of Savinelli 140 just in time for it to land in Houston, the precise moment of evacuation and now I’m picturing the tins just floating around in a flooded post office. :cry:

This is exactly right in my experience, once you have sufficient pressure (and the noodle press definitely provides it) heat is the most important factor in creating a good plug/puck. Elizabethan Match aka Victorian does particularly well in the press, I knocked out 3 lb soon after my first time pressing it.

85BF3C2D-34CE-471B-95EA-A1B0434A7504.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.