PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Welcome. It is good to have support and encouragement in our hobbies.

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Welcome to the Forum. Loved your intro. I guess we'd all love to have such a strong support in this "stinky business" :puffy:

What tobaccos have you got so far ?

cynicismandsugar

Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
Thank you all! I have been met with nothing but exceedingly cordial greetings and kindness, which is a breath of fresh air among the current internet. I look forward to getting to know everyone on a more personal level.
What tobaccos have you got so far ?
Tricky question, because I have some cellared that I haven't tried yet. I've, however, been through most Dunhill blends, half of Peterson's, random house blends from my local brick and mortar (I'm fortunate enough to live in the same city as Just For Him) and a small collection from the vast Cornell and Diehl and McClelland lines.
But, I always keep a vigilant eye open for some of my "bucket list" blends.
What are your favorite blends so far?
My taste are rather seasonal, and I show no brand loyalty. ... Ehh, I'm a bit of a tobacco whore, really. Right now, I'm on a burley/cigar leaf kick, so I'm indulging on Haunted Book Shop, Old Joe Krantz, Billy Budd, etc.
Some of my other all time favorites (thus far): Frog Morton Cellar, Frog on the Bayou, Aperitif, Nightcap, and Irish Oak.
Welcome friend! I have to ask, what novel is that from? There's no way someone's life could be like that!
It's an excerpt from My Life in Heaven.
Great intro! oh and I already found you on the interweb thing -
My wife is already cruising Ebay searching for that book! She actually refers to our living room as The Bear Cave.

eriksmokes85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2015
Welcome to the forum! I also have a wife that supports the hobby, but we rent our house so I havent got the green light for an indoor smoke! Im a bit envious. Anyway welcome aboard . Also where is your castle located?

cynicismandsugar

Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
It really should earn a smack in this house as well; I have an extremely understanding family. They've come to accept my grumpiness... and find it cute. Ehh, go figure.

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
well come friend of the pipe, you are lucky to smoke inside the house

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
Welcome, Jeff. Great intro and good to have you here.
Right now, I'm on a burley/cigar leaf kick, so I'm indulging on Haunted Book Shop, Old Joe Krantz, Billy Budd, etc.
Good choices. C&D do Burley well, especially Old Joe.

cynicismandsugar

Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
Thank you!
So far, I've enjoyed most of C&D's blends. Recently I've heard some buzz around La Brumeuse Semois... and with the claim that their burley has a natural cigar leaf note, I'm sold on my next order!
Has anyone had experience with La Brumeuse Semois or other Manil blends?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Everybody saw this one coming..... if you like C&D so far, give Black Frigate a try. As for Semois, it does indeed have a nice cigar note, and is a wonderful smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.